Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interested to see pics of the mouth and side of the foot if you can get them. I won't spoil the fun and tell you what I think it is.
Lol! Yay! A game! No! Don’t tell me yet!

I’ll wait for the whites to come on and get some. 2:30 I think. Brain isn’t active yet. Moarcoffee.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not happy about the photo shoot.
993E7473-BC17-4971-97F1-B10CE9AAA535.jpeg4B8807F6-E376-4A69-9294-EB491824C939.jpeg
F4F4902A-E633-40A1-B61A-7E919D8839C4.jpeg
6E7AB524-AD8F-4166-B463-F97C1A8ED395.jpeg

Corals.com

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take some in a few. I kind of enjoy figuring it out on my own, really, this one just has me stuck. I moved the rock it’s on last night to make room for mushrooms, and it’s in higher flow now but literally no change whatsoever. Not BTA unless the white around the mouth is too hard for me to see w/out glasses...does bleaching in a nem affect that, or are the striations always visible?
Says here "I kind of enjoy figuring it out on my own"

:)

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says here "I kind of enjoy figuring it out on my own"

:)
I do! I also like being told things! :D

On a slightly more serious note:
The verrucae don’t match for a LTA. They aren’t distinct enough and they lack the same pattern. BTA don’t have visible verrucae either, and there aren’t really discernible striations around the mouth. The color throws me off. I don’t think Condy have verrucae either? I’m not sure.

I am concerned it might be a mag, but I don’t know. I’ve only been doing this since January!
;Bookworm
Help me, sensei.

AquaCave Logo Banner

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do! I also like being told things! :D

On a slightly more serious note:
The verrucae don’t match for a LTA. They aren’t distinct enough and they lack the same pattern. BTA don’t have visible verrucae either, and there aren’t really discernible striations around the mouth. The color throws me off. I don’t think Condy have verrucae either? I’m not sure.

I am concerned it might be a mag, but I don’t know. I’ve only been doing this since January!
;Bookworm
Help me, sensei.
I can tell you it's not a mag.

I do think I know what it is... ;)

Top Shelf Aquatics

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unprofessional opinion is that it is a condy. I can tell you without doubt that it is not a BTA. I am also 99% sure it is not an LTA. Based on your observations and the pictures I would put money on Condy.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can get another actual expert opinion... @Eagle_Steve can you go through the recent posts and give your opinion on specific species pretty please.... :)
It does look like a condy. Caribbean one to be more exact. Being as it was bleached, it should develop purple or pink tips once fully back to full glory.

One thing to look at, that is hard to capture with a camera, is the tentacles. You should see come cool looking striations on them. Kinda like lizard skin looking pattern.

Also, just randomly balling up with only tents showing is typical of Caribbean condy nems.

Plus the oral disk and mouth resemble a condy.

The foot is what I really need to see for 100% id. Color can id quickly if it is colored, but not all condy have colored foots (sorry had to use foots lol). I have seen healthy ones in the wild with white/tan foots (did it again lol).

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like a condy. Caribbean one to be more exact. Being as it was bleached, it should develop purple or pink tips once fully back to full glory.

One thing to look at, that is hard to capture with a camera, is the tentacles. You should see come cool looking striations on them. Kinda like lizard skin looking pattern.

Also, just randomly balling up with only tents showing is typical of Caribbean condy nems.

Plus the oral disk and mouth resemble a condy.

The foot is what I really need to see for 100% id. Color can id quickly if it is colored, but not all condy have colored foots (sorry had to use foots lol). I have seen healthy ones in the wild with white/tan foots (did it again lol).
Thank you for replying! I was leaning towards condy too, but the verrucae threw me off. It has purple spots at the very tip of it’s tentacles. Just a dot. It’s difficult to make out in the photos, though. Foot is same color as the column, the lavender sort of color. I have seen the patterning you’re talking about on condy before at my LFS, but his are a completely different color. Does the patterning get more pronounced with size? You can see the texture best in the second photo.3C7A5ED1-289E-4C4B-9C68-7CBFC4DA2E8A.jpegB3CD9917-5D76-4BF7-BF9E-F8E995E30F82.jpegB8E459CB-31F8-4F7E-AA59-ABC293DDF228.jpeg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
S

Smirkish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for replying! I was leaning towards condy too, but the verrucae threw me off. It has purple spots at the very tip of it’s tentacles. Just a dot. It’s difficult to make out in the photos, though. Foot is same color as the column, the lavender sort of color. I have seen the patterning you’re talking about on condy before at my LFS, but his are a completely different color. Does the patterning get more pronounced with size? You can see the texture best in the second photo.View attachment 2192555View attachment 2192556View attachment 2192557
As the nem recovers and grows, they will get more detailed and noticeable. Still a pretty nem, as is and cannot wait to see it when it gets all of the color back.

My clarkiis would love that thing. They dive into any nem without thinking. Well, they did it to my tube nem once and didn’t quite like that too much lol.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back