Red Sea G2+ 750 slightly bowed in the middle

Nordy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Was wondering if a cycling Redsea reefer G2+750 should have a slight dimension change due to the water volume? Did some measurements a few weeks back for a diy screen top, and the middle is slightly bowed. I entered the hobby 7 years ago with a Red Sea reefer and was very happy with it. When I moved, I gave it away. Every day, I checked out online corals and got back into the hobby with my current 750 G2, that’s been going since Early July this year. All my time checking out corals online and day dreaming was a distraction to research on getting something that could stand the test of time. Never did any forums until I got this current tank and was taken off guard by the posts I’m seeing often of silicon failure at the seems with Red Sea. With tank related mishaps, I tend to overreact, so I am interested in advanced preparation and backup strategies. I put a lot of substrate on the bottom after aquascaping with a lot of rock, and my tank is loaded with wavemakers. Could Tons of flow with a lot of water displacement from rock be a recipe for making a wading pool in my tank room or is what’s going a normal occurrence with the middle of the tank being widest?

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass tanks tend to bow out in the middle, that isn't unusual and probably not related to the failures.

A large glass tank isn't my first choice, I went with custom acrylic so I know the tank and be around 10, 20, 30 years and some say "indefinitely".

but hey you already have this tank, and G2 is supposed to be better, I guess your other option is to sell it. Sleep is important too :) No one has a crystal ball.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back