+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
So I recently went through a small tank crash, T5 bulbs went bad and as I was in the process of switching tanks I didn't want to invest in new bulbs since I bought new LEDs for the new build. Everything transferred fine and new tank is up and running.
So here is my issue and I'll do my best to describe things well as I cannot provide a pic at the moment. A few of my sps colonies were dying, meaning a few bleached spots and tips. Now they are recovering nicely, polyps are starting to show more and more every day, as well as they are coloring up. However, some bleach spots have started to grow algae, brown algae. Will the coral fight off the algae or should I cut these tips? Its been a couple weeks with no sign of change on the bleach/algae spots.

AquaCave Logo Banner

luke33

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its totally up to you. Generally if you have tip burn you can leave them be and the tissue will regrow over the burns, but often it grows oddly and looks goofy. If you clip the tips then generally they grow back normally. Either way, if you keep your parameters stable then your good.

OP
OP
hatrix11

hatrix11

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its totally up to you. Generally if you have tip burn you can leave them be and the tissue will regrow over the burns, but often it grows oddly and looks goofy. If you clip the tips then generally they grow back normally. Either way, if you keep your parameters stable then your good.
Thank you. I wasn't sure if the algae was hindering the growth at all. Going to wait it out, as when I put my hands in the tank I seem to break more things than I fix.

Top Shelf Aquatics

landlubber

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't know that! good advice.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back