recommendations for 60g

Baby Damsel 219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60g with 2 power heads meant for 100 gallons but flow is great. I have 6 baby green chromis that have cycled it for 2 months now I wants some ideas to put in it I want to do zoa's but scared of pali toxin

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoas are great, palytoxin is nothing to worry about as long as you are careful, i.e don't have your hands in the tank with open wounds, wear arm length gloves, etc. Depends on your lighting etc. but you can also consider LPS corals like candycanes, and micromussa, which are my favorite.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Gotta have some goni's for sure! Nothing beats a nice ruby red long polyp colony. Maybe a nice center piece scoly or Cynarina. Those have been coming in some pretty wild colors recently!

OP
OP
Baby Damsel 219

Baby Damsel 219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are gonis hard to keep I have stated out with instant ocean but plan on switching to red sea mix 2 Ai primes

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
are gonis hard to keep I have stated out with instant ocean but plan on switching to red sea mix 2 Ai primes
I would say give the tank 3-4 months before introducing your first one. If you looking for easy beginner stuff, zoanthid's would be my recommendation. The main thing I would say about them is wear eye protection when handling them out of water. Other than that, you wont see that many highly toxic pallys in the hobby anymore.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And make sure, if you have kids, they can't get their hands in there. And it's not enough to tell them. When you say Don't touch the Zoas, they tend to not hear the word Don't.

RockRash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and it is true that zoas can actually Kill a human
I believe there was a guy that died after he actually boiled his rock on the stove with zoas on it. Other than that just people getting sick. I could be wrong and there could be more deaths but that's the only one I know of. Just be careful (don't boil them for sure) and wear gloves and eye protection and maybe a mask and you will be ok. Hundreds of thousands of people have them in their tanks and its very rare you hear of any problems. If you're concerned just use PPE and you will be just fine.

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 3-4 flasher/fairy wrasses would look nice along with your chromis...
make sure you get compatible ones tho. there is a nice mixing chart around.

you live in LA there are tons of other reefing and nice shops around, so lucky you. the traffic and taxes not so lucky :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back