Ready to start a new build on my Mixing station!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, i have completed my build on my mixing station and did my final dry fit run and appears that everything has turned out honky dory! Finally, after 30 years of being in this hobby, I will be able to do full Automated water change with my new #NeptuneDOS without picking up a single jug, bucket, or hose. Everything will be installed above my mixing station on a custom RODI panel that will have on there a brand new BRS 6 Stage RODI system, Apex EB8 power bar, Neptune PM2 Module, for my Salinity probe and my Temp probe for my salt barrel, Apex Breakout box for my Float switches and last but not least, a 50ft Apex Aquabus cable since my mixing station and my Apex control panel are 50 ft apart. All tubing and wires will run through the Panduit wire ducts, so you will not see a single wire or cord when I am totally done with the job. I had to revise my plumbing on the #MixingStation. I will no longer need a Cpex ball valve that's connected to my Marine & RV hose w/ the Banjo fitting that's not included in this pix since now I WILL be running the Neptune DOS. Anytime I need any salt or fresh rodi water, I can just turn on or off the Cepex ball valves coming out of the mixing station. Also, All my of tubing will be 1/4" Mur-lok Polyethylene RO Tubing for the DOS which will be coming out of the top of each lid or the back part of the top barrel to hide all tubing. The 3 pic is where all my gear will be mounted on above the station which is a 48'' pcs of plywood with 2x4's in the back to be able to pull all of the wires through. RODI system and all of my Apex gear that will be connected to my APEX CONTROL PANEL THAT SITS NEXT TO MY MIAN DISPLAY.

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

IMG_5204.JPG

20170726_173845.jpg

IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5206.JPG

APEX Control Panel .jpg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REVISED PART LIST:
2 - Ace Moto 25 gallon Vertical Storage Barrels
2 - Cepex Ball Valves Slip x Slip
2 - Spears Check Valves Slip x Slip
2 - 58'' Blue Sch 40 Pipe
1 - TEES Slip x Slip
3 - Pipe Adapters Slip x Slip
2 - 90's Slip x Slip
4 - 90 Spigot x Street Slip x Slip
2 - True Unions Slip x Slip
4 - 45 Elbows Slip x Slip
2 - Male Pipe Adapters
2 - Female Pipe Adapters
2 - ABS BulkHeads Slip x Thread
1 - Mag Drive 4 for extra circulation
1 - PanWorld PX40 water pump
1- Heater
1 - BRS 6 Stage RODI system
1- NeptuneDOS System
1- 50 ft Apex Aqua Bus cable
1- Apex PM2 Module
1- Apex Breakoutbox
4 - Float Switches
1 - 48'' pcs of plywood to mount of my RODI gear and Neptune equipment

Corals.com
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrAlpha yep, I posted that about a few months back since I could find anywhere to ship these for no charge, well I take that back my shipping cost was $13.95..lol.. I finally have finished my build on my 2 - 25 gallon Vertical storage tanks that I got from RuralKing.com. My total bill came to $136.35 which included shipping which is the cheapest on the net. Anyhow, all I need to do now, is hook up my @neptune DOS system, BRS 6 Stage RODI, PinPoint Salinity Monitor, 1 Neptune EB8, PM2 Module for my Temp, Neptune Breakout box for my float switches for the salt barrel and last but not least I have to buy a 50ft Aqua bus cable.. Just a little heads up, as you may know, Apex does not make these Aqua bus cables that long max length is 30ft that they make.. Since my Apex panel sits next to my display which around 45 ft, give or take from the Mixing station, I need to grab a 50 footer. FYI- I was referred to a site that makes them specifically for Apex that range from 25 ft up to 125ft, so I order 1 50ft Aqua bus cable to run through my wall from the garage to my main Apex panel with is in my back FL room. These cables are not cheap! Just remember you can't just run any old 50 ft usb cable or you could F^ up your Controller and that's a FACT! You can find those cable at this site here: http://www.usbfirewire.com/search.aspx?searchterm=RR-APEX. Even know I am running a AWC system, I still thought it would be nice just in case I am having problems,s with my Neptune DOS! Now, All I have to do is hook up my Marine and RV DRINKING water hose to fill up my tank if need to be. I know people are going to ask why do I have a Ture Union Spears check valve is so I don't get any contamination of saltwater in my RODI barrel, if that makes sense. Here are a few pix of the station which is completed.

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

completed mixing station.jpg

Mixing Station

Float valve on the RODI tank.jpg

Float Valve on the RODI Tank

Mixing salt.jpg

I used a Uniseal and a Sch 80 90 elbow for mixing the salt

Where all of my wires will come out of the tank
wire mangmenet. .jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY REVISION PART LIST:
2 - Ace Moto 25 gallon Vertical Storage Barrels
6 - Cepex Ball Valves Slip x Slip
1 - Spears Check Valves Slip x Slip
2 - 58'' Blue Sch 40 Pipe
4 - TEES Slip x Slip
3 - Pipe Adapters Slip x Slip
1 - 90's Slip x Slip
4 - 90 Spigot x Street Slip x Slip
2 - True Unions Slip x Slip
1 - 3/4'' CAP
1- Male Pipe Adapters
2- ABS BulkHeads Slip x Thread
1 - Mag Drive 4 for extra circulation
1 - PanWorld PX40 water pump
1- Heater
1 - BRS 6 Stage RODI system
1- NeptuneDOS System
1- 50 ft Apex Aqua Bus cable
1- Apex PM2 Module
1- Apex Breakoutbox
4 - Float Switches
1 - 48'' pcs of plywood to mount of my RODI gear and Neptune equipment

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back