Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m ready for my first zoa unfortunately I don’t have a par meter And i want to put them in qt. Qt tank is a 10 gallon. Only light i have available is a Radion xr15 pro. I read about the ab setting but my question is how high from the ten gallon tank and what percentage to set it at for a decent par without having a meter?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Matt Bravo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only? Dude Radions are amazing from what I have heard! Anyway to your question, how high do you plan to have your light? If you can I would put it maybe 6-8ish inches above and start around 15-20%, it’s a lot easier to hurt corals with too much light than to starve them of light. Also put it to the side and not directly under, zoas are softies which means they don’t need much light. Hope this helped at least a little

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only? Dude Radions are amazing from what I have heard! Anyway to your question, how high do you plan to have your light? If you can I would put it maybe 6-8ish inches above and start around 15-20%, it’s a lot easier to hurt corals with too much light than to starve them of light. Also put it to the side and not directly under, zoas are softies which means they don’t need much light. Hope this helped at least a little
Yeah only because that light was meant for something else. Right now i have it mounted at 12’’ running the ab coral lab at 25%. Hanging over 2-10gallon qt tanks. Thanks for the response

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back