Questions from a first-timer

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I just set up my RODI unit. Two questions - should the waste line flow be stronger than the clean line flow? And should I continue to add Prime when I add the RODI water to my tank?
Waste water is going to be more than the good water. The purpose of RODI is to strip everything from the water leaving you pure H2O. No additives are needed after the water is made

OP
OP
B

BilboB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waste water is going to be more than the good water. The purpose of RODI is to strip everything from the water leaving you pure H2O. No additives are needed after the water is made
Wait, how do I warm up the RODI water? I need to do a 50% water change since my nitrates are so high, but adding 25 gallons of room-temp saltwater might kill my fish.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, how do I warm up the RODI water? I need to do a 50% water change since my nitrates are so high, but adding 25 gallons of room-temp saltwater might kill my fish.
You use a spare heater and circulation pump to heat the water

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which do you use? I need to buy them.
VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump(3000L/H, 24W), Ultra Quiet Water Fountain Pump with 10ft. High Lift with 6.5ft. Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics Green https://a.co/d/2K8bV0S

Use this to mix water in a brute garbage can.
Purchase some flexible clear vinyl tubing so you can use the same pump to pump water from the tank, and then pump new saltwater back into the tank. Any cheap heater will do. As you make RO water and your half way done stick the heater in and the pump and turn them on. Make it so the water is going around the can . When you have the water made and it's heated add your salt and let it mix.

OP
OP
B

BilboB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump(3000L/H, 24W), Ultra Quiet Water Fountain Pump with 10ft. High Lift with 6.5ft. Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics Green https://a.co/d/2K8bV0S

Use this to mix water in a brute garbage can.
Purchase some flexible clear vinyl tubing so you can use the same pump to pump water from the tank, and then pump new saltwater back into the tank. Any cheap heater will do. As you make RO water and your half way done stick the heater in and the pump and turn them on. Make it so the water is going around the can . When you have the water made and it's heated add your salt and let it mix.
Wow, thanks!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back