Questions about the ugly stage

Koby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my 30 gallon tank setup for about 3 weeks, everything is healthy and good. But I am going through the algae stage, I’ll clean the glass spotless and the next day it’s covered again. Side question. It was originally brown algae on the glass but now it’s a green algae, does that mean anything at all? Back too my original question, should I keep cleaning the glass daily or let it be? My gut says not too because I feel cleaning dirty glass everyday will stir up the water, I don’t want too stress my animals out, what are your thoughts? Thanks guys for the help. Been being patient and have been using micro bacter every so often, I even added a uv light too help out as well as beefing up my clean up crew, I have a auto feeder that feeds every 12 hours so no over feeding in my opinion and my light runs 12 hours so not too much light

Last edited:

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean my glass however often I need to. My goal is to keep it clean, so whenever I see some algae growth I clean it. I'd say for you to clean it everyday until you don't have to. Don't worry about water quality issues from this.

OP
OP
Koby

Koby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean my glass however often I need to. My goal is to keep it clean, so whenever I see some algae growth I clean it. I'd say for you to clean it everyday until you don't have to. Don't worry about water quality issues from this.
Thank you, that’s what I’ve been doing, just wanted too ask too be on the safe side. I do 10 percent water change every Saturday. Just being patient or trying too atleast haha

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that’s what I’ve been doing, just wanted too ask too be on the safe side. I do 10 percent water change every Saturday. Just being patient or trying too atleast haha
Yup! Just keep being patient and stay on top of maintenence. If you want, a UV sterilizer will help slow down the algae growth on the glass.

OP
OP
Koby

Koby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! Just keep being patient and stay on top of maintenence. If you want, a UV sterilizer will help slow down the algae growth on the glass.
The ugly phase is brutal on perfectionist haha, all for the love of the hobby. It’s worth it. I appreciate the advice

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back