Zionas

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept the Brazilian Flameback (C. Aurantonotus) Angel? It’s the one with the blue tail and has a more elongated body than the African one. If you have, how long did you have it, and was it aggressive?

Also, I would like your experiences with the Royal Gramma vs Black Cap. Any significant differences in temperament, hardiness between the two? Do any of them form bonded pairs? I heard Black Caps are less social and are always found in smaller numbers than their cousin.

Thanks.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept the Brazilian Flameback (C. Aurantonotus) Angel? It’s the one with the blue tail and has a more elongated body than the African one. If you have, how long did you have it, and was it aggressive?

Also, I would like your experiences with the Royal Gramma vs Black Cap. Any significant differences in temperament, hardiness between the two? Do any of them form bonded pairs? I heard Black Caps are less social and are always found in smaller numbers than their cousin.

Thanks.
I’ve had minimal experience with Aurantonotus but this isn’t my personal fish instead it was in the LFS environment. Their cousin seems more aggressive (I’m basing this off of only 2 Aurantonotus specimens), the two I have looked after were peaceful but hated being near similar looking species - C. acanthops.

As for The Black Cap Basslet, over here it’s rare you get pairs in however singular specimens are surprisingly common. They are less social with the same species but I have successfully housed different species of Basslets together and one of them was this guy. The only aggression I’ve ever seen was hierarchal however in the LFS, we never really tried to pair these together.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back