+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks--
I just got a box of a few corals delivered to my work address this morning. I'm here at work until 8:30 tonight. I have a space heater on in my office and the door is being kept closed, so the temperature in the room is mildly/moderately warm....probably close to 80 degrees.
My question is, is it better to leave them in the box in their plastic bags and not open anything up until I get home and am ready to put them into my tank or is it better to open up the box and the plastic bags and let them get some air....I even have a turkey baster here in my office that I keep here to use for fish I've purchased from an LFS on the way to work. I could use the turkey baster and occasionally blow some air bubbles into each bag.
What's the opinion of those with experience about this? Thanks much in advance!
Robert

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

CalebWBrink2000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I would keep in mind is what the temp. was when they intended you to receive it- if it was cold, they will likely have heat packs. Heat packs and 80+ F don't go well. Since it's so warm, you'd be totally find with removing the bags. I wouldn't open them though; the corals will be totally fine as long as they don't get too warm or cold. They could last probably two or three days in the bags if the temperature remained steady.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back