mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most cooties that come in on new corals

Comes in on the frag plug anyway

I use a waterproof toothbrush to clean the the plugs off. This works in conjunction with dip, or inspite of it, say eggs or asterinas that may not be sensitive

Best practice is to cut the plugs off, and remount on your own new plugs
Great tip! I didn't know that about getting them off the plug. I've been cutting down my frag plugs lately just to make them shorter and easier to get on the rock work.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my package 30 minutes ago. Had a family member just bag float them until I get home from work. Only thing I am worried about is my torches since they don't like shipping long.
So, I received mine at 10:45 am and everything looked good ESPECIALLY my torch. By the time I got him in the tank and on a frag rack he was beginning to stretch out a little. I picked up one of the Flashlight torches and I'm so excited to get home and check him out. My hammer and trachy were looking tired and fed up and that hammer had some slime in the bag and might have had some kind of spider or creepy dead thick hair algae. I dunno I just squinched up my eyes, picked it off while yelling EwEwEw and tossed it in the sink. Alveopora's, monti's, cyphastrea, a zoa all looked good. I noticed the water they shipped in was pretty close FEELING to my tank so I was happy about that. Good luck. In the future I won't be quite so worried if this happens again. But ya know, any critter that comes into my world is my baby. No man left behind.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I received mine at 10:45 am and everything looked good ESPECIALLY my torch. By the time I got him in the tank and on a frag rack he was beginning to stretch out a little. I picked up one of the Flashlight torches and I'm so excited to get home and check him out. My hammer and trachy were looking tired and fed up and that hammer had some slime in the bag and might have had some kind of spider or creepy dead thick hair algae. I dunno I just squinched up my eyes, picked it off while yelling EwEwEw and tossed it in the sink. Alveopora's, monti's, cyphastrea, a zoa all looked good. I noticed the water they shipped in was pretty close FEELING to my tank so I was happy about that. Good luck. In the future I won't be quite so worried if this happens again. But ya know, any critter that comes into my world is my baby. No man left behind.
So far so good. 1230 arrive time. Bag floated until 6pm when I got home. I dipped them all then in QT. Been in the tank for about 20 minutes. No signs of opening yet.

The torch was fine. But defiantly upset. Acans are all fine but a bit more concerned on how much skeleton is showing on the sides. That or its really freshly cut. I've never gotten any with this much skeleton exposure.

My biggest concern will be the two headed Duncan. It had a pretty thick brown slime coating. Severely stressed out. The dip cleaned it up and I don't see any more expelling so hopefully just stressed slime.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how clean their coral tanks are but a clam I got from them last week had an aiptasia on the shell. I left it for the peppermints and they ate it the first night and finished off the clam the following night. It arrived gaping and didn't last 24hrs. No worms tho but I love all the worms you are trying to evade.
EDIT to add image
PXL_20240723_183023754.jpg
Jeez! You would think that would be noticed when they were selecting it to pack up. It’s pretty front and center. Sad that it was sick and didn’t make it. I hope they reimburse you and don’t give you store credit so that you have to pay for shipping.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. 1230 arrive time. Bag floated until 6pm when I got home. I dipped them all then in QT. Been in the tank for about 20 minutes. No signs of opening yet.

The torch was fine. But defiantly upset. Acans are all fine but a bit more concerned on how much skeleton is showing on the sides. That or its really freshly cut. I've never gotten any with this much skeleton exposure.

My biggest concern will be the two headed Duncan. It had a pretty thick brown slime coating. Severely stressed out. The dip cleaned it up and I don't see any more expelling so hopefully just stressed slime.
I noticed my acans with a lot of skeleton too. I didn’t know that could be a potential problem. Your Duncan sounds like how my Hammer was. Glad to hear everything went fairly well!

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: my torch and hammer are looking good. The trachyphyllia came with 2 bonus spirorbid castles that I dabbed with super glue. I hope that’s the right thing to do.
IMG_7421.jpeg
IMG_4701.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back