Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had some initial tissue recession on the skirt part that wraps around the outside of the skeleton when I first got my torch a few months ago (i think November). It was a quite retracted during that time too.

Once I got things more stable it’s tentacles have extended a ton and it looks a lot healthier to me now but the skirt part never grew/went back down over the skeleton.

my question is does the skirt part even come back down over the receded part once the damage is already done or does it only stay skirted on new skeleton growth at that point?

hopefully that makes sense. I was having a hard time wording the question lol

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I had some initial tissue recession on the skirt part that wraps around the outside of the skeleton when I first got my torch a few months ago (i think November). It was a quite retracted during that time too.

Once I got things more stable it’s tentacles have extended a ton and it looks a lot healthier to me now but the skirt part never grew/went back down over the skeleton.

my question is does the skirt part even come back down over the receded part once the damage is already done or does it only stay skirted on new skeleton growth at that point?

hopefully that makes sense. I was having a hard time wording the question lol
generally it does not but for the skeleton, assure calcium does not drop below 380. Glad to hear you got this coral to return

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
generally it does not but for the skeleton, assure calcium does not drop below 380. Glad to hear you got this coral to return
Ok good to know thanks! Cal was sitting around 425 last I checked. I’ve also started dosing kalk so hopefully that helps to keep things from dropping on me. The coralline growth has started to take off as well since I started using kalk which is exciting lol.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back