Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone can tell me if removing some of my sandbed, running a uv, etc could lessen the chance of my clown getting sick since she is now back in the dt...OR how long does she have to go with no symptoms before I can assume my dt is safe for new fish...I would really and sincerely appreciate it. I'm not looking for lectures about ammonia, aeration, or using copper. I'm well aware of the things necessary to keep fish alive and healthy and well aware I screwed the whole thing up. Thank you.

Top Shelf Aquatics

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish i moved to qt showed no symptoms and I wanted to add new fish soon regardless. I really don't see what the issue with that would have been.
Seems pretty obvious to me.

I have some issues going on... Let's add some unknown variables to the equation and see how that goes.

I feel like this falls into the SLOW DOWN category of reefing issues.

Just my opinion.

Top Shelf Aquatics

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are getting too upset with the advise given. I think it was all meant to help you with future issues.

In your DT there is very little you can do except a long fallow period. If your clown has some immunity to the parasite if there is one, he may not get sick, but can keep the parasite alive. For my example I have pulled my eel from an infected DT while going fallow. Even though eels generally don’t get ich or as bad because of their slime coat, the can certainly be carriers.

Other suggestions are really valid. I label any buckets that I use copper or bleach in.

Also from humblefish I use vinegar for sterilization and cleaning. Only bleach in extreme circumstances. IMO it is safer as if I accidentally get some residue or cross contamination in small amounts I think it won’t hurt anyone as I dose it for carbon.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems pretty obvious to me.

I have some issues going on... Let's add some unknown variables to the equation and see how that goes.

I feel like this falls into the SLOW DOWN category of reefing issues.

Just my opinion.
I get it. At the same time they were all in therapeutic copper. It's not like I just put them into the dt. But I still understand your point. Thank you for your feedback.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you are getting too upset with the advise given. I think it was all meant to help you with future issues.

In your DT there is very little you can do except a long fallow period. If your clown has some immunity to the parasite if there is one, he may not get sick, but can keep the parasite alive. For my example I have pulled my eel from an infected DT while going fallow. Even though eels generally don’t get ich or as bad because of their slime coat, the can certainly be carriers.

Other suggestions are really valid. I label any buckets that I use copper or bleach in.

Also from humblefish I use vinegar for sterilization and cleaning. Only bleach in extreme circumstances. IMO it is safer as if I accidentally get some residue or cross contamination in small amounts I think it won’t hurt anyone as I dose it for carbon.
Thank you, this is the insight I was looking for. I'm spending the weekend getting all my equipment re-sterilized, labeled, organized, etc. I already did all these things but it got a little sloppy at the end...I did all this on the week I worked 70 hours. I will not be using bleach to sterilize unless necessary. I think this is where I made my mistake. As far as me being upset, I've been very grateful for most everyone's response. When I specifically laid out the circumstances, and said there were no issues with the 14 days of copper- here are my questions, I figured that was a reasonable request. All I did was point out to one person. I wasn't looking for advice about copper, but they took offense to that so...idk what else I could have done. Maybe I'm being a duck, but it really doesn't feel that way to me. It's been a very long and stressful past two weeks, and not just because of the fish. Thanks again.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, this is the insight I was looking for. I'm spending the weekend getting all my equipment re-sterilized, labeled, organized, etc. I already did all these things but it got a little sloppy at the end...I did all this on the week I worked 70 hours. I will not be using bleach to sterilize unless necessary. I think this is where I made my mistake. As far as me being upset, I've been very grateful for most everyone's response. When I specifically laid out the circumstances, and said there were no issues with the 14 days of copper- here are my questions, I figured that was a reasonable request. All I did was point out to one person. I wasn't looking for advice about copper, but they took offense to that so...idk what else I could have done. Maybe I'm being a duck, but it really doesn't feel that way to me. It's been a very long and stressful past two weeks, and not just because of the fish. Thanks again.
No worries. I wasn’t trying to put you in your place or anything. Hard to convey everything in a post. But do, take a step back, breathe, and be patient. I know full well the overwhelming stress when something crashes. Best of luck.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back