Q: RedSea 50 LED Light Mount sizing for a Lid?

pratishk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered the tank (300XL) and lights - so still waiting for them - but wondered if anyone has the dimensions of the light mount, please? or a link to them?
I am wanting to order a clearview - and go down the EZ route - but if I can get the right dimensions - I would rather go Custom and not have any gaps by the light mounts? Please?
Or has anyone got the EZ version with RedSea 50s - and could let me know if the gap is fine or not?? Thanks in advance!
The EZ has a 4x1.75 cutout as per below...

clearview-lid.png

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a set of these kicking around but of course I took them into my LFS in case someone needed a spare... Just going off memory, I can tell you that yes - the EZ version provides more than enough space for the ReefLED mounts. I wasn't able to find the specs online (sorry), so if you're looking for the exact dimensions you'll have to wait for someone who has the mounting arm (assuming this is the ReefLED 50 Universal one?) to post the exact depth/width when mounted.

OP
OP
P

pratishk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a set of these kicking around but of course I took them into my LFS in case someone needed a spare... Just going off memory, I can tell you that yes - the EZ version provides more than enough space for the ReefLED mounts. I wasn't able to find the specs online (sorry), so if you're looking for the exact dimensions you'll have to wait for someone who has the mounting arm (assuming this is the ReefLED 50 Universal one?) to post the exact depth/width when mounted.
Thanks. Wanted to know how big a gap was left - and do I need to worry about fish jumping - or it will be fine?!
Hopefully someone can et back to me, otherwise I will measure once they arrive, thanks!

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back