Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest researching the advantages of a “recirculating” skimmer, which tend to be much easier to dial-in, for one being unaffected by fluctuations in water height in your skimmer. Other than that, There are so many choices out there it can make your head spin! lol.
I'm looking at the the RO150ext for this reason

Avast

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Life reef vs a Reef octo ?
They are very different. I like them equally well but for different reasons. They both work well, The Reef Octos come apart to clean. The bottom of a 36 inch Lifereef is unreachable. The Lifereef breathes through the cup and never overflows. The Reef Octo does spectacularly. You can use about any pump on a LifeReef. I changed mine to a larger dc pump.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very different. I like them equally well but for different reasons. They both work well, The Reef Octos come apart to clean. The bottom of a 36 inch Lifereef is unreachable. The Lifereef breathes through the cup and never overflows. The Reef Octo does spectacularly. You can use about any pump on a LifeReef. I changed mine to a larger dc pump.
The VS3 models of the Lifereef come apart so you can get to the bottom to clean it though mine is only 24 instead of 36. I have a vs3-24 on a 40 breeder with a 40 sump. I use the Mazzei injector instead of stock. It replaced a SCA 302, when I first put it in it pulled the nastiest sludge I've ever seen filling the cup every 2 or 3 days. Now it's about a week. It is friggin huge though so space will be a concern. I like the fact that I can use any pump I want and it can be used on bigger tanks by adding another section to the body.

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_135257494.jpg
    IMG_20190803_135257494.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 21
AS

hoffmeyerz

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Lifereef also. I love it's simplicity and, like mentioned above, that you can use any pump. It's design also allows for a very simple hookup to a CO2 scrubber that will allow for moist air intake. Hooked mine up in minutes and it gave me an instant ph increase.
Jeff at Lifereef can go over your setup and make recommendations or custom adjustments as well.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back