Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have acquired a used reef octopus classic 202-s skimmer when buying my tank. It’s a beast of a skimmer but have yet to use in anger as just started cycling. Reading reviews about the noise levels, so intrigue made me turn on. Err yes the wife will complain when running :). I have narrowed down to the silencer, which is not the red one that I believe helps situation in gen 2 models. Any help on how to reduce levels, clearly if I smother the air inlet on silencer it is fine, but not an option when it will no longer produce bubbles to skim :). My tank is a Red Sea 350, so this skimmer is probably overkill and for price wouldn’t have been in my bracket. That said if I can avoid another outlay for now all the better.

BRS
OP
OP
F

Flea78

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have acquired a used reef octopus classic 202-s skimmer when buying my tank. It’s a beast of a skimmer but have yet to use in anger as just started cycling. Reading reviews about the noise levels, so intrigue made me turn on. Err yes the wife will complain when running :). I have narrowed down to the silencer, which is not the red one that I believe helps situation in gen 2 models. Any help on how to reduce levels, clearly if I smother the air inlet on silencer it is fine, but not an option when it will no longer produce bubbles to skim :). My tank is a Red Sea 350, so this skimmer is probably overkill and for price wouldn’t have been in my bracket. That said if I can avoid another outlay for now all the better.
Would this help? - https://www.btaquatics.co.uk/products/reef-octopus-venturi-for-classic-skimmers?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back