Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set the leakage detection function, which I use to shut off my skimmer if it overflows, to not sound an audible alarm?

It’s enough for me if it simply emails/texts me. The audible alarm is not needed.

If the above isn’t possible, is there a way to silence the alarm prior to fixing the error?

For example, the tank is in my office and I’m on a call. Skimmer cup fills up triggers alarm. Can I silence the alarm quickly without having to drain the cup?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1684669397209.png

If this is what you wanted - but it silence all alarms

In the webinterface it is nor clear that this option is about the alarm buzzer (the sound) This function only silence the alarm - do not shout off the alarm function as you may have thought. In GCC its more clear what it is really doing. They use the word buzzer there instead of alarm

1684669614607.png

Sincerely Lasse

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Jgoal55

Jgoal55

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. But this does not accomplish what I want as it silences all alarms.

for example, I would still want my leak alarms to sound audibly. Also, my temp or PH alarms, but my skimmer overflowing (on the rare occasion), is not truly and emergency. So, as long as it still shuts the skimmer off and sends me a notice that it did so, without the audible alarm I’d be happy.

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - I do not think there is an easy way just to silence only one alarm type and at the same time get a notice of it. I´ll think the alarm buzzer answer all alarms. However - there could be one way to get an e-mail notification when your leak detection is active, Set maximum on-time to 0.0.0 - it means that alarms are disable. The must difficult part is to figure out how the token for your actual sensor should look like if you want it to send a e-mail when it is indicate full skimmer cup. I have to admit that this with tokens are high above my pay grade (if I had one :)) - someone else may know - maybe @Gaël

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Jgoal55

Jgoal55

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Lasse. I appreciate your help here.

I think this would be a great feature for GHL to add. No doubt, there are some alarms that are more dire than others. It would be nice to be able to differentiate which alarms I’d like to sound like an ambulance in my house, and which alarms a simple text/email notification would suffice.

how about it @Vinny@GHLUSA?

Nutramar Foods
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back