Product Reviews?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying a product every other month to give an honest review and give away. Of course this would be limited to lower cost items, but maybe something that you are hesitant in buying. Is there anything you’d like to see?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
maybe some knock off pumps or powerheads.
anything that doesn't have huge price tag.
That’s a good idea. I’ll see what’s available. Thanks!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Perhaps some of the lower price tag nano lights (not sure what your budget is but was thinking sub $100). Wouldn’t have to be too in-depth more of a “they work”/“don’t work”, feature or lack there of synopsis and here’s the par or whatever.

Maybe salt brand reviews (not necessarily how they make the coral look, but this one mixed to its advertised levels. This one has this issue. Or even, this one leaves a residue in the mixing container.). Though giving away open salt may be a no go…don’t know.

Another option/viewpoint…buy used gear cheap from locals. Make sure it works and then your giveaway is higher end while still keeping costs down.

Just spitballing.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Perhaps some of the lower price tag nano lights (not sure what your budget is but was thinking sub $100). Wouldn’t have to be too in-depth more of a “they work”/“don’t work”, feature or lack there of synopsis and here’s the par or whatever.

Maybe salt brand reviews (not necessarily how they make the coral look, but this one mixed to its advertised levels. This one has this issue. Or even, this one leaves a residue in the mixing container.). Though giving away open salt may be a no go…don’t know.

Another option/viewpoint…buy used gear cheap from locals. Make sure it works and then your giveaway is higher end while still keeping costs down.

Just spitballing.
That gives me an idea too. I just seen a bunch of nano tanks and gear on Amazon for under 100 to try. I’ve never had a pico reef tank before either. I think BRS has beat up the salt mixes pretty good though. I’m sorta out of the loop of the local fb groups and don’t know many local Reefers anymore. Thanks!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back