View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

April 28, 2023
For Immediate Release

CoralWall: A new dimension in aquascaping.

For the true coral gardener, the CoralWall creates new aquascape possibilities and expands the real estate in your tank available for corals, utilizing the often unused vertical tank surfaces to add new dimension to your aquarium.

The CoralWall’s unique patent-pending lattice system uses familiar frag rack modules with stronger than typical locking SilTalon inserts to hold frag plugs vertically in the wall. Each 4.625” x 9.75” module is easily removable from the lattice system for propagation or coral color adjustment, as zoanthids or encrusting corals expand over the modules, or acropora emerge from the wall to create dramatic overhangs. In addition to frag plugs, the CoralWall system includes optional standoffs to attach rock or larger corals of various sizes, or to integrate the wall securely with your tank’s aquascape.

Many hobbyists discover that certain encrusting corals and zoanthids over time can encroach on corals if left unchecked. While any coral can be added to the CoralWall and grow on a vertical surface, the CoralWall can also effectively isolate certain corals you still want to display, while at the same time mitigating their ability to over grow and sting other corals long term.

Protruding just 1.17” (29mm) from the aquarium pane, the CoralWall can be retrofit to any aquarium and attaches to the aquarium with magnets, while near invisible support legs rest on the bottom of the aquarium.

The CoralWall’s FragMax variant is especially useful in frag systems, where including vertical surfaces for coral real estate significantly increases available growing area. For instance, adding a CoralWall to the back of a 24”x48”x12” frag tank adds up to 50% more growing area without the cost, complexity, or space of adding another tank, lights and flow, and without blocking light to corals below.

They say transparency is the best policy - and we agree. When designing the magnet system for our products, we’ve attempted to address what for many creates anxiety - having magnets inside the tank. Many manufacturers use black acrylic or plastic to encase their magnets, which makes verification of the seal and inspection of any corrosion impossible. We start with epoxy-coated magnets as a first layer of protection, then further encase them in acrylic using a specially designed transparent joint for easy, consistent acrylic welding and visual confirmation of a water tight seal. We guarantee our magnet enclosures will never leak - ever.

Each CoralWall is custom designed for your tank, and made from precision machined cast acrylic and food grade silicon. The CoralWall’s modular system can accommodate powerheads up to 4” (such as a Vortech MP60) and work around most overflow box layouts to create a truly unique canvas upon which to paint your coral masterpiece.

Customers fill out a no-obligation order form at reefeco.com, then received a layout document (view sample here) and payment link. Depending on features chosen and thickness of aquarium panes, the CoralWall system usually ranges from $30-$45 per module, which is significantly less than other magnet mounted frag racks currently on the market (Prices as of Spring 2023: FijiCube $64.99, Eshopps Alpha $74.95, IceCap Medium $63.99, AquaMaxx $59.99, PNW Custom $64.99, Flipper $59.99)

Start your masterpiece today with CoralWall, available now at www.reefeco.com

For inquiries, please contact [email protected]

ReefEco (Peter) has been an avid reef enthusiast for more than 25 years, and worked in education at the Steinhart Aquarium before choosing a career path in design. Like many hobbyists who sell coral or reefing solutions, ReefEco hopes to bring some new products to hobbyists that make it easier to maintain and enjoy our tanks. ReefEco recently setup his 900 gallon dream system, which includes a 400 gallon display, 100 gallon garden eel tank, 3 frag tanks, and dedicated fish room. Dozens of videos documenting the build can be found on his Reef2Reef build thread, or at www.youtube.com/c/ReefEco.

Last edited by a moderator:

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool

IMG_9731.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this!!

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this to mount Coral to the Back Glass and Overflow. Takes a bit of planning. The Frag Plugs have the stem snapped off and filed down. Silicone Glued to the Glass and Super Glued to the Overflow. BTW, for some reason, I could never get them permanently attached to the glass with Super Glue, even after throughly cleaning the glass.

Attachments

• DCFDBCD6-7262-4963-8F31-AB9D202D8654.jpeg
    DCFDBCD6-7262-4963-8F31-AB9D202D8654.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 36D44FBD-5E2B-4417-98F9-E95A22F4DCB8.jpeg
    36D44FBD-5E2B-4417-98F9-E95A22F4DCB8.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mosreef! Appreciate it. You know I've been on about 3 different availability notifications on livestock sites for garden eels to add to my tank and make it a real colony (shooting for 6), and no one seems to have them right now - or for the last 9 months. But, can't wait to add more - and will definitely do a video on that! Best, Peter

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Beautiful concept !

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried multiple times to grow Coral directly on the glass but no matter what I did eventually the frags would fall off. At one point I wanted the entire back to be a GSP wall just so I can see the grass moving with the current. This is a great idea

OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any grown SPS using wall? Pics please?
Hey Ktipp - this is a brand new product, so I don't think anyone will have pics yet. But, there is no reason to think encrusting SPS or Acropora can't be grown on the wall. Many stick heads (including myself) will often mount frags horizontally to get faster growth tip emergence, then they orient to the light. Tabling acros would be especially applicable.

Ali-F

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gluing corals on glass was and still is a challenge I am facing. I had so many frags grow nicely into big colonies but fall due to the sheer size and weight of the coral (branching ones) or coral growing on top of the caroline algae (encrusting ones) and fall dawn once the surface area becomes big.

I am just waiting for this lovely birdnest to fall lol.

20230515_220506.jpg

This is the last thing I did a couple of days ago.
20230515_220522.jpg

The coral wall is really a promising idea. It adds more rock to the tank without consuming much space. This will add more surface area for the beneficial bacteria. it can be utilized anyway.. reefer imagination is the limit.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back