+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I'm planning on buying a parasite remover for my tank, in my most recent post I'm dealing with a fish that might have possible gill flukes and it's very difficult to take it out for an FW dip so I resulted into using a remedy in order to remove it. I was recommended Prazipro, but after doing a quick search of other medications, I considered buying the Imagitarium Parasite Remedy from PetCo to save some cash. Would this be a good alternative? Or should I just bite the bullet and order the Prazipro? Thanks!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I'm planning on buying a parasite remover for my tank, in my most recent post I'm dealing with a fish that might have possible gill flukes and it's very difficult to take it out for an FW dip so I resulted into using a remedy in order to remove it. I was recommended Prazipro, but after doing a quick search of other medications, I considered buying the Imagitarium Parasite Remedy from PetCo to save some cash. Would this be a good alternative? Or should I just bite the bullet and order the Prazipro? Thanks!
The Petco stuff will NOT treat flukes. Stick to actual praziquantel dosed appropriately. PraziPro is a good drug and works as it should. It's not snake oil being sold in a bottle...

SoSublime

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I would likely say you will not eliminate flukes with an herbal remedy.

I would bite the bullet and use prazi.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see here......

An actual medication that works, or an herbal remedy that MIGHT work(complete BS as it's utter garbage and will do nothing)....

Which would you buy?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Like the others said, herbal remedies don't work well at controlling flukes. That said, Prazipro won't kill fluke eggs either. So, if your fish have Neobenedenia or egg laying gill flukes, you need to dose the prazipro in a specific way in order to break the life cycle of the flukes:

Give the tank a full dose of prazipro with good aeration. After 9 days change 25% of the water and dose a second time. Change 25% of the water 48 hours after the second dose. In stubborn cases, a third dose is required.

Hyposalinity works for many types of flukes, just not in a display tank with invertebrates of course.

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back