Prayers for Florida

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Milton closing in on the western coast of Florida, I just wanted to offer a prayer for those in its path. If you are not religious, feel free to pray to the spaghetti monster or whatever you like. It couldn’t hurt.

Heavenly Father,

We come before You with humble hearts, asking for Your protection and mercy over all those in the path of Hurricane Milton. As the winds rise and the storm approaches, we pray for Your hand to cover every home, every family, and every individual facing this danger.

Grant wisdom and strength to those who are responding, the first responders and caregivers, that they may act with courage and clarity. Guide those in harm’s way to places of safety, and comfort those who feel fear with Your peace that passes understanding.

We ask that You would still the storm, if it be Your will, and shelter those in need. Surround them with Your love, and bring them safely through this time of trial.

In Your name we pray,
Amen.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Milton closing in on the western coast of Florida, I just wanted to offer a prayer for those in its path. If you are not religious, feel free to pray to the spaghetti monster or whatever you like. It couldn’t hurt.

Heavenly Father,

We come before You with humble hearts, asking for Your protection and mercy over all those in the path of Hurricane Milton. As the winds rise and the storm approaches, we pray for Your hand to cover every home, every family, and every individual facing this danger.

Grant wisdom and strength to those who are responding, the first responders and caregivers, that they may act with courage and clarity. Guide those in harm’s way to places of safety, and comfort those who feel fear with Your peace that passes understanding.

We ask that You would still the storm, if it be Your will, and shelter those in need. Surround them with Your love, and bring them safely through this time of trial.

In Your name we pray,
Amen.
Ditto. I ain't religious, but I'll drop a prayer as well. I just called my buddy on the Atlantic Side of the State last night. I can't imagine the stress Floridians go through annually. I'll take our Volcano issues every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this makes a right turn I’m toast. As is, expecting to feel it’s 150 mile reach. Friends north west of me going to get the brunt of it. Hopefully all have already evacuated.

Can’t wait for the first cold front to arrive.

IMG_4763.png

OP
OP
Formulator

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto. I ain't religious, but I'll drop a prayer as well. I just called my buddy on the Atlantic Side of the State last night. I can't imagine the stress Floridians go through annually. I'll take our Volcano issues every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Ya, I can’t imagine. My buddy is a marine biologist on Sanibel Island. He’s not sure there will BE an island to go home to. He said he is done with the gulf coast after this and will be looking for a new job outside of the hurricane zone.

OP
OP
Formulator

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this makes a right turn I’m toast. As is, expecting to feel it’s 150 mile reach. Friends north west of me going to get the brunt of it. Hopefully all have already evacuated.

IMG_4763.png
Yikes, hang in there bud! Praying for y’all.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I can’t imagine. My buddy is a marine biologist on Sanibell Island. He’s not sure there will BE an island to go home to. He said he is done with the gulf coast after this and will be looking for a new job outside of the hurricane zone.
Sanibel lost their bridge while ago. Wasn’t long ago it was just rebuilt. Been a while since I’ve visted. Beautiful place

mariano

Please don't take my advice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4763.png
Im in Fort Lauderdale, and we starting to feel the wind, is now getting dark here. We are not getting hit near as bad as tampa/sarasota. I hope everyone stays safe.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4763.png

My buddy lives in Boynton Beach. What's the path looking like thru there?

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanibel lost their bridge while ago. Wasn’t long ago it was just rebuilt. Been a while since I’ve visted. Beautiful place
I think I saw pics of that on the news just last year. Anyway, it was the only way out of the place I remember seeing.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Fort Lauderdale, and we starting to feel the wind, is now getting dark here. We are not getting hit near as bad as tampa/sarasota. I hope everyone stays safe.
Wind been picking up all day. I’m west of your location

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy lives in Boynton Beach. What's the path looking like thru there?
Looks to be passing north of Boynton but these things known to change their mind.

Last edited:

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw pics of that on the news just last year. Anyway, it was the only way out of the place I remember seeing.
One of the concerns with island life.

smacrophylia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s getting pretty rough in Pinellas county only gonna get worse over the next couple hours hang on tight everyone…I feel so bad for my lfs even if they don’t sustain major damage the stress of losing your business along with losing everything else must be a lot to deal with…

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back