Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the issue. Says they are wild that they have had a couple months. Picture is fuzzy and am just wondering if the colors are going to be bold like the ones I am used to seeing. Are true PPE'S still being found or is everybodys from mainly the same source? Are their immatators? Should I be cautious?

If anybody else plans on bidding on these contact me and maybe we could split. Probably going a few hundred.

LINK EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=220071139431&rd=1&rd=1

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm....do the smaller zoanthids often called 'ppe look alikes' have green slit mouths? Its just that the picture is bad and they don't look very big to me, they could just be young ones. I don't think the smaller zoa variety has the green slit, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows differently.

15 years in the business....you think he'd get a better pic!

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shells in those pics are the little ones that come in gravel. I think its got to be a PE to have a slit mouth like that...so perhaps they just have growing to do. Like Coralnutz said, don't go too high on a wild frag, good luck!

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree in business 14 years and this is the best picture of PPE's worth hundreds they could get! That is what made me wonder about the whole deal and unfortunately I have been scammed on ebay before. The thing that reassures me a little is the rest of their auctions have crappy pics too. I am just hopeing they are not a faded out version.
THANKS!

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do people start bidding on things that allready have bids on the item hours before they end? I still have not figured that one out. Very irritating..Hopefully my trump bid with a few seconds left will take it. Wish me luck and thanks for the input. makes me feel like I am making a little more of an informed call!

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks TyreeUM that makes me feel alot better about throwing fat cash on a fuzzy pic. I will let you guys know if I do win "with better pics".

Offer to split instead of bidding against each other is still there for anyone.

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say those are PPE, I got a frag from Gflat about a year ago and they took about 6-7 months before they really colored up. They looked just like that at first.....I can say this though Old.Diver is a reputable dealer I have purchased from him before. PPE are actually a Caribbean zoanthid/Paly......

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back