Possible Brook?

xitsmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want an opinion to make sure I'm not overthinking.

I added a pair of clowns last week, I've noticed the male has a slightly discoloured looking patch on him.

This patch is only on one side. He is not lethargic, is not gasping for air nor is he breathing heavy. He is eating as normal. He isn't scratching on rock either.

I got pictures of this today, but I think I might've seen it yesterday too.

I'm unsure if this is just due to the female picking on him and nothing more. (The female has been picking on him slightly on that particular side)

image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you had a chance, could you take a look at the video I just posted above to see the fish more clearly? It's in a higher quality. It really does not look like anything in the picture I posted.
Unfortunately, it's difficult to see the video.

Upvote 0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mark area? The whole fish is covered
Well - according to the OP - there is an area of concern. Either way - it's prudent to do a QT protocol. The reason I asked - was because the concerning area to me is on the back side of the fish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
xitsmike

xitsmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all.

Inspecting the fish this morning and the marks are all gone?

Swimming normally, just fed. I'm trying to figure out whether what I actually saw was some tiny scales that were reflecting the light in a certain way..

I ordered the treatment anyway so just waiting for that to be delivered, but the marks on the left side are completely gone.

Mike.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
xitsmike

xitsmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update - Both fish looking healthy as ever. I am almost certain the slightly shiny patch on the clown was just scales.

The male is eating very well, they are more active now that they've been in the tank for a while.

I think I'll refrain from using 5x Zoom on my iPhone, it really made the photo grainy and made the marking look way worse than It looked.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back