Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, what products? So you are dosing Genesis now? What is the age of the tank? What are you trying to accomplish? Is it cycling?
I just want to transfer to polyp lab Genesis and not use any other products trying to cut down on products and I’ve heard so many people telling me that it’s a great product but I want to know if I do use it do I have to keep on with dosing bacteria with this product or just stay using polyp lab Genesis

Nutramar Foods

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to transfer to polyp lab Genesis and not use any other products trying to cut down on products and I’ve heard so many people telling me that it’s a great product but I want to know if I do use it do I have to keep on with dosing bacteria with this product or just stay using polyp lab Genesis
I wouldn't dose any combination of bacterial products as it can cause a bloom and/or deplete your oxygen availability for your fish and livestock. So if you want to switch to Genesis I would discontinue any other bacterial product usage prior for a couple days before starting the Genesis regimen. When you start any sort of new dosing regimen go slow, maybe start with 25-50% of the recommended dose to make sure it is not going to cause a problem (in this case blooms, which would be noticed as cloudy water).

OP
OP
Under_The_Sea_305

Under_The_Sea_305

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't dose any combination of bacterial products as it can cause a bloom and/or deplete your oxygen availability for your fish and livestock. So if you want to switch to Genesis I would discontinue any other bacterial product usage prior for a couple days before starting the Genesis regimen. When you start any sort of new dosing regimen go slow, maybe start with 25-50% of the recommended dose to make sure it is not going to cause a problem (in this case blooms, which would be noticed as cloudy water).
I stop using my other product and started using Genesis but everything looks fine it’s been almost a week and have seen anything bad yet

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stop using my other product and started using Genesis but everything looks fine it’s been almost a week and have seen anything bad yet
Then keep doing what you are doing. Always know what you are adding and don't double up. Meaning if I want to raise my alk I don't dump in two things or more that raise alk, and make changes slowly. Good luck! Polyp Lab is good stuff.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Under_The_Sea_305

Under_The_Sea_305

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then keep doing what you are doing. Always know what you are adding and don't double up. Meaning if I want to raise my alk I don't dump in two things or more that raise alk, and make changes slowly. Good luck! Polyp Lab is good stuff.
Thank you a lot man I appreciate it polyp lab it is

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back