Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update. I picked him up from LAX yesterday. He arrived in good condition. The shipping was done well and @Reef Pro shipped him with sand in a generous amount of water.

I acclimated for approx. 4 hours. I added ammonia detoxifier, air stone, and heater since I was going to acclimating for such a long period of time.

As soon as I added him to the aquarium, he buried himself in the sand bed. He stayed hidden until about noon today, I looked over to a sand storm and then he emerged to explore.

I threw some black worms in, he ate a couple but had more interest in the pods and living feed in the aquarium. He went to town on the backside of the aquarium, it was covered with all sorts of goodies!

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update. I picked him up from LAX yesterday. He arrived in good condition. The shipping was done well and @Reef Pro shipped him with sand in a generous amount of water.

I acclimated for approx. 4 hours. I added ammonia detoxifier, air stone, and heater since I was going to acclimating for such a long period of time.

As soon as I added him to the aquarium, he buried himself in the sand bed. He stayed hidden until about noon today, I looked over to a sand storm and then he emerged to explore.

I threw some black worms in, he ate a couple but had more interest in the pods and living feed in the aquarium. He went to town on the backside of the aquarium, it was covered with all sorts of goodies!

Holy cr@p! If I can say that here.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do have to say, whilst the males are nice… I think this is one of the few pencil wrasses I find the females to be nicer personally.
Your specimen is incredibly pretty though :)

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to say, whilst the males are nice… I think this is one of the few pencil wrasses I find the females to be nicer personally.
Your specimen is incredibly pretty though :)
Females are beautiful but I prefer the male. I would definitely want a pair if I had the opportunity. They are both amazing fish.

Another video.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish is spectacular. So impressed with the care you’re offering him. Thanks for sharing him with us! I hope he gives you years of health and joy
Thanks @beesnreefs. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the thread. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of a fish are we seeing here? And how big do they get overall? Looks like a fairy good size fish.

Subbed by the way!
5.5"

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the wrasse. I just added him to my display 2 days ago, here is the most current video

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the wrasse. I just added him to my display 2 days ago, here is the most current video

How‘s he behaving? I see the femininus checking him out.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back