• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PolandSprings Zoa Growout

mnat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I everything arrived here today. Everything was open when I fed tonight, I will try and get some pics this weekend. I also acquired a gryphon band saw at our local frag swap so we will be good for fragging.

Who is left in this buy so I can figure out polyp counts?

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods

mnat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get pics very soon. Been having some struggles lately with my other corals but the zoas are solid.

We have 4 polyps of bowsers, 2 frags with 2 polyps. They are fine. The other stuff all has more than 4 poylps but I want to let the bowsers grow out as each frag has one big polyps and one small polyps. Considering how fragile these are to frag, I want to make sure they are ok and healthy. I will post some pics up this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

Top Shelf Aquatics

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was part of this growout? see page 1. I recieved the first shipment of polyps.

What are you talking about? We having received the rest of them yet. Caudill couldn't take care of them anymore due to moving, so mnat is finishing it up.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

mnat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received some zoas from Caudill, but not the bowser.

That is correct. Caudill sent out what was fraggable at that time. He fragged the bowsers but they melted on him. He had a couple left so he hung onto them. He moved and had to get out of the hobby so he sent them to me to finish the grow out.

CLICK TO VIEW

caudill187

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you guys are getting things worked out. Thanks to Mnat for taking on the growing responsibilty. I'd suggest getting those Bowsers in some crazy high light.

I'm getting settled in Down here in the Big Easy.....won't be long until I'm starting my new build :)

mnat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No picks right now my apologies. However I was looking at one of the bowser frags and it had two baby polyps coming in so that is good. I have them down low in myfrag tank and they are doin well there. The color is very muted but they are open, happy and growing so I am reluctant to move them. Just keep that in mind when I post the pics up.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back