Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was thinking about getting this product shipped to me (which is rather expensive to Thailand) and was wondering what good or possibly bad things people had to say about it before I buy. Have you noticed any coral growth you attribute to it's use since beginning to use this product? What about detritus buildup? It also claims to reduce phosphate and nitrate levels. Has this been your experience?
Very curious....

World Wide Corals

pygo1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a bit expensive for what it is, but I have been pretty pleased with the product. I’ve also spoken to the owner in a couple forums and he’s a super good guy. It’s not some miracle cure-all, but there will be some noticeable changes in the tank. In my case, I had cyano, a little bit of Dino’s, bubble algae, and hair algae. I couldn’t keep my nutrients in check and it really showed.

i started dosing PNSB coupled with a bit better maintenance schedule and my algae issues have pretty much cleared up. I have one piece of rock that is different, more porous than the rest. I saw it turn pinkish over the course of a couple weeks from being colonized by the bacteria and ever since, it has remained clean where it used to be overrun by hair algae. The deeper area of my sand bed along the glass has also seemingly been colonized where cyano used to be. I only bought one bottle and used it til it ran out, so I’m not dosing it anymore, but my tank has stayed a lot cleaner ever since. It still isn’t algae/pest free completely, but the tank is in way better shape than before and i am notoriously lazy with water changes/cleanup. I don’t even scrape my glass anymore it’s been so clean.

Again, don’t expect it to be some miracle cure for your tank, at the end of the day it’s simply another bacteria to compete with the other biodiversity in the tank, but knowing some of the biology involved, it is a pretty dang good competitor for what it is

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back