+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have run durso and full siphon. I can’t recall if a durso is loud as it was back in the days of AC pumps (other things were louder).

I have around a 220g display tank and a 1.5” drain pipe (+1.5” E-drain). Equipment is officially 13’ below the tank so gravity is on my side.

I see I should get around 1,500gph out of the Durso. That feels like adequate flow to me (5-7x turnover) and even if I only get 1,000gph it’s probably fine. I don’t think I need to futz with a gate valve and full siphon but just can’t remember how loud the durso was. Anyone running one let me know?

Nutramar Foods

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tanks at home in different rooms but in eyeshot of one another. One is a Durso and the other a full syphon. The Durso is louder but never has anyone commented on this. It is mainly me who notices. I think it will be a personal preference issue, but for me it is not a problem. I also feel that the durso has gotten quieter over time. This could be all psychological but I really think that the drain quiets once a bit of biofilm is on all of the pipes and overflow teeth.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back