Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hoping to get some advice/thoughts on my build idea.
I have an IM 20g peninsula aio. Tight on space…
I’d like to run from the mighty jet pump in the return chamber(@350pgh max), to a small UV clarifier(like an oase 8 watt inline), then to a media reactor for some rowaphos(probably the brs deluxe or two fishies)and then back to the return nozzles of the tank. It’d be about a 6 foot max loop.

A) any reason this wouldn’t work?
B) better solutions?
C)any advice on plumbing? I could do hard, it’s in the living and will be mounted on the wall with all the other electronics, so kinda gotta look the business and be “cool” while functional.

Thanks y’all for helping the FNG.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to take into account that your mighty jet pump "may" push 350gph right at the output when sitting in a tub of water. You're already pushing that water against gravity out of the all in one sump by at least 15'. That probably cuts your output by 30-50%. Now adding the UV and the media reactor - your adding lots more head pressure against the pump. While you may not be pushing water higher, you are pushing it farther. Each time the plumbing turns that's like pushing the water 1' higher out of the tank in terms of back pressure against the pump.

Then you want to add a media reactor and try to force the water thru media - which takes alot of uumph.

I think you are going to need to look for a couple of sizes larger pump to correctly accomplish what you want to do.

Dave B

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back