Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize no one has posted on this thread in a while, but it seems like the longest and most thorough about the Mode skimmer so hoping I can get some help.

I got mine last week (around 1.5 weeks after ordering) and have it set up in the second chamber of my Fusion Pro 2 50 without the hanging bracket. Been running for 8 days now. My issue is constant overflowing, even with the skimmer turned so it is all the way open. If I did not have the collection cup drain hose on and open running back into the tank, the collection cup would be full and overflowing in under a minute. I have cut pieces of eggcrate to raise the skimmer out of the water more, but after a couple hours it will again start to overflow. I do not want to raise the skimmer out of the water any higher, as it is already higher than any pictures I have seen of others using it.

I am hoping this just has to do with the skimmer breaking in. Any advice? If I can't get it figured out I will definitely be looking at other options.
Mine took a good week to stop over skimming. I let it over skim directly into the tank for the first 4-5 days. Also, I took the air silencer off and replaced it with an adjustment valve to get a little more control over air intank. But once the skimmer built up some biofilm it started running great. No issues since then.

chrisdonzella

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took a good week to stop over skimming. I let it over skim directly into the tank for the first 4-5 days. Also, I took the air silencer off and replaced it with an adjustment valve to get a little more control over air intank. But once the skimmer built up some biofilm it started running great. No issues since then.
Mine took about 2-3 weeks before it settled in. Love it now!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad I found this thread. I’ve been looking for something with a bigger cup than my Tunze 9004. I found one on Amazon that appears to match one of the versions pretty well. It delivers tomorrow, too. $98 w tax didn’t seem too bad.

And of course it’s an off brand - but they all seem to be. ZKSJ REEF80 Aquariums Protein Skimmers,DC Pinwheel Pump,Hang On Back,for Saltwater Fish Tanks up to 80 Gallons https://a.co/d/6vEVjeq

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back