Please help me identify this

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve just come back from vacation, it was for a week. My friend was taking care of my tank (feeding frozen food once a day) I’ve come back, and I saw this IMG_5700.jpeg
I think the bubbles are just air bubbles but wanted to make sure as I’ve never seen these before.
IMG_5701.jpeg
There’s also this weird algae on my tanks glass and rocks, it’s not everywhere but it’s in a lot of places. It wasn’t here before and I don’t know what it is. It’s a white film looking algae. If you know what this is please help. Also, I’ve not been able to test since it’s very late at night, but I will in the morning. My tank also doesn’t currently run a light

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve just come back from vacation, it was for a week. My friend was taking care of my tank (feeding frozen food once a day) I’ve come back, and I saw this IMG_5700.jpeg
I think the bubbles are just air bubbles but wanted to make sure as I’ve never seen these before.
IMG_5701.jpeg
There’s also this weird algae on my tanks glass and rocks, it’s not everywhere but it’s in a lot of places. It wasn’t here before and I don’t know what it is. It’s a white film looking algae. If you know what this is please help. Also, I’ve not been able to test since it’s very late at night, but I will in the morning. My tank also doesn’t currently run a light
I’ve just tested water, and the nitrates are quite high. So I think that would explain the algae, but I don’t know why my nitrates are so high. I feed frozen food once a day, and I have three fish in my 20g AIO

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which copepods do you recommend from algae barn?
Had similar algae before, I bought a trochus snail and he took care of it in a day. As for Id on the algae it is likely a common form of algae, but lacks pigment, because there is no light for the cyrophill to feed off of. The bubbles are likely just air or nitrogen bubbles that were realesed from the sand bed and got caught on the rock, nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had similar algae before, I bought a trochus snail and he took care of it in a day. As for Id on the algae it is likely a common form of algae, but lacks pigment, because there is no light for the cyrophill to feed off of. The bubbles are likely just air or nitrogen bubbles that were realesed from the sand bed and got caught on the rock, nothing to worry about.
Thank you, I don’t have a CUC since I dont have a light, but I’ll be getting both soon

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%