Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Milwaukee PH monitor. Should I return it and get the controller ? If I plan on running a 1” line to the outside for fresh air should I worry about a C02 scrubber and solenoid and all that jazz?

Avast

MNFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Milwaukee PH monitor. Should I return it and get the controller ? If I plan on running a 1” line to the outside for fresh air should I worry about a C02 scrubber and solenoid and all that jazz?
If I had a 1 inch line for fresh air I would not worry about it. I can only do fresh air in summer here, however have no PH issues when doing fresh air. In winter I do run a CO2 scrubber, and need it.

OP
OP
ckuhny3

ckuhny3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had a 1 inch line for fresh air I would not worry about it. I can only do fresh air in summer here, however have no PH issues when doing fresh air. In winter I do run a CO2 scrubber, and need it.
I plan on running it right out my fish room next to where my gas pipe heads outside. I’ll insulate it and put some carbon filter at the end outside. Should I point the outlet pipe down outside ?

MNFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on running it right out my fish room next to where my gas pipe heads outside. I’ll insulate it and put some carbon filter at the end outside. Should I point the outlet pipe down outside ?
Mine just goes straight out, but not sure if down would be better.

Also I bought a fancy ph monitor at one time then ended up getting an apex and wish I had not bought the other monitor. If I had the chance I would have returned it.

OP
OP
ckuhny3

ckuhny3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just goes straight out, but not sure if down would be better.

Also I bought a fancy ph monitor at one time then ended up getting an apex and wish I had not bought the other monitor. If I had the chance I would have returned it.
i just can’t convince myself to spend the money on an apex . Has it been worth it ?

ColoredRock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just can’t convince myself to spend the money on an apex . Has it been worth it ?
apex is not the only game in town.. If you are going to go the controller route.. at the end of the day do you want it to monitor and control.. not to say apex is bad its not, they all have there issues.. but you have different options.. starting as simple as hydros, GHL, reef factory etc or DIY.. lots of pro's and cons about different controllers out there.

MNFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the fact that I can hit feed and it will shut everything off and turn it back on as I like. However I think there are smart plugs that can do that now as well.

It does give you a little piece of mind as I travel, and have a cabin for the summer.

The salinity probe which I really liked went out after a year, honestly ORP is worthless to me. PH was nice when I was getting my co2 scubber dialed in but not worth much when you get it set. The temp control is nice but usually redundant for many.

I have 3 reefs and only 1 apex and am glad I got it but more as a toy than a value add.

CLICK TO VIEW
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back