View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PHARMA KALKWASSER
Get the Pharma Grade stuff from BRS

takes so long get things from the BRS i hate ordering things from them. i order my cal reactor regulator it took almost 4 weeks, i am trying to see if they have it on ebay or amazon, i am LA

Strad12

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser is gonna increase alkalinity and Calcium, so make sure you keep track of your water chemistry before and after you start dosing! I mix mine for “low consumption” (1/2 tsp per gallon of RO) and it boosts pH without raising calcium or alkalinity too much. The corals grow faster at a higher pH so it evens out, in a way. I dose Tropic Marin All For Reef as a one-part additive and use Kalk in the ATO for a pH boost.

Strad12

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be worth paying for priority shipping if you want it ASAP. Granted, I’m a little closer to them than you are, but the extra $5 for expedited shipping usually means it arrives in 3 days or less

BRS
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser is gonna increase alkalinity and Calcium, so make sure you keep track of your water chemistry before and after you start dosing! I mix mine for “low consumption” (1/2 tsp per gallon of RO) and it boosts pH without raising calcium or alkalinity too much. The corals grow faster at a higher pH so it evens out, in a way. I dose Tropic Marin All For Reef as a one-part additive and use Kalk in the ATO for a pH boost.
my cal is 510 - 520 dosing PHARMA KALKWASSER is will increase my cal not sure what to do

Strad12

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will increase your calcium, but not nearly as much as it will boost pH if you mix it for low consumption. My calcium only went up by about 10ppm after I started Kalk. Alk went up by around 1.5dKH over the course of a couple days, and pH went from 7.8 up 8.2 during the day. Your corals will grow faster at a higher pH, so in a week or two, you might be down to a normal level after you start Kalk

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will increase your calcium, but not nearly as much as it will boost pH if you mix it for low consumption. My calcium only went up by about 10ppm after I started Kalk. Alk went up by around 1.5dKH over the course of a couple days, and pH went from 7.8 up 8.2 during the day. Your corals will grow faster at a higher pH, so in a week or two, you might be down to a normal level after you start Kalk

thank you so much for helping me, i'll go head and recalib the probes and order the PHARMA KALKWASSER

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PHARMA KALKWASSER

takes so long get things from the BRS i hate ordering things from them. i order my cal reactor regulator it took almost 4 weeks, i am trying to see if they have it on ebay or amazon, i am LA

Just go to the grocery store and get Mrs Wages' Pickling Lime. Same stuff.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back