Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up the Milwaukee dosing pump to my Milwaukee ph controller. Worked great except this morning my sump was almost completely full. Ph was fine but it pumped a couple gallons of water in.

any suggestions on how to put some controls on it? Maybe a solenoid with a float shut off? I’d like to keep the ph stable but not at the risk of overflowing my sump.

I was trying to make a switch from keeping kalk in my ATO. Although that method has been working fine.

Nutramar Foods

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer - yes. You'll need some way to limit additions.

Not sure I quite understand your setup so I'll make a few general observations. Assuming you have reactor or perhaps dosing from kalk reservoir vice ATO reservoir.

pH monitoring/controller for kalkwasser additions is for protecting your system from excessive pH (8.4 or .2 rise - or whatever) measured in tank/sump. Or if installed to ensure the reactor is still at saturation (or needs more kalk) installed pH in kalk reactor - depends on reactor design some don't have a probe holder.

A pH controller really isn't used to directly keep aquarium water within a defined pH band.

You always need to run any additions to tank with add limiting design in mind. One of either a float switch solenoid setup (such as ATO) or use a fixed rate pump that doesn't siphon (good dosing pump on timer) or a fixed volume (kalk from smaller reservoir through drip valve).

As long you follow the above you shouldn't have an uncontrolled addition.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back