Peters Aquarium

Izfisk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef forum! I want to contribute and show my aquarium that I am setting up in my kitchen.

About me: 40 years old have been tinkering with saltwater and reef aquariums since 2014 with a break of a couple of years. Lives just north of Stockholm in Sweden.
former aquarium:
fresh water from when I was little until university. saltwater 4 different aquariums during 2014-2019 then 2022 until now.
right now I have an RSR 130D as a quarantine for fish that will be allowed to live in future tanks.

Ongoing construction:
Aquarium: Red sea reefer 200 G2+
Skimmer: Nyos quantum 160
Mechanical filtration: Red sea reefmat 250
Flow: 2 pcs AI nero 5
Lighting: Not determined yet but it will be LED:s
Return pump: Blau
Scape will be of live rock that I plan to order from White corals in Germany.

The idea is to create a mixed reef but previously had a lot of Acropora and I guess it will lean towards SPS dominated.

I welcome your opinions on my choice of equipment and if you think I should add something or think of something special.
Would love to hear how different aquarists start their aquariums if you dose bacteria and if so which ones to get the biology started.

Status on the build right now is that im waiting on the tank itself im 3 weeks in since ordering but i guess it will show up sooner or later. im browsing for light at the moment thinking about if Illumagic x4 pro is a good choose.

All the best
Peter

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I’ve started my tanks two different ways. My pico I started using live rock/sand. My nano I started using live sand and Dr. Tim’s one and only. I would say go the live rock route. I’ve had a lot easier time with algae in the pico than the nano.

OP
OP
Izfisk

Izfisk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, i will do that. I think i will go bare bottom so live rock with no sand.
still waiting for the aquarium 4 weeks and counting now from the order, i guess it is good practice of my patience right from the start.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back