Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is good to know. I am guessing you set the speed and calibrate via wifi. I just cant justify that price man that thing cost. I mean as a last resort maybe.

The application is good and the X1 Pro pump is great...but there are issues with WiFi connectivity which are concerning, IMO. It took a number of attempts to get it to connect and I had it beside my router. Two times it has lost WiFi connection and I noticed it was running. To me, the price point of $90 is fine, if it were reliable. The Kamoer FX-STP is $300 and designed for continuous duty (what you want) and can be controlled directly as well as WiFi. That price point is a bit steep, but a previous reply in this thread had good luck with that unit.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

billwill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this and love it. I think it’s just an off brand kamoer. No WiFi or anything, but seriously, why do you need to adjust often and especially wirelessly. It did take a couple weeks to arrive from China. I also run a 618 and this setup has been great for me.

[/QUOTE]
That looks to be Kamoer as well from the extended description, but maxes out at 52 ml/min. Pretty important to take note of that for anyone looking for pump. I run 60-70 ml/min on my system, at a reactor PH of 6.8.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used Cole Palmer peristaltic pump off of ebay and appropriate tubing for it. It’s probably not the most popular option, it probably cost me $300 but it’s continuous duty and has never had any issues.

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHAHA

And older non digital brushless model with low mileage? Yes. In a heart beat. I cannot overstate how loud a brushed motor is though. Basically unusable in any setting other than a basement/utility/closed-off-fish-room. I actually switched from masterflex to Kamoer for that very reason. The buzzing hum noise was so resonant and piercing I could hear it from every room in the house

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And older non digital brushless model with low mileage? Yes. In a heart beat. I cannot overstate how loud a brushed motor is though. Basically unusable in any setting other than a basement/utility/closed-off-fish-room. I actually switched from masterflex to Kamoer for that very reason. The buzzing hum noise was so resonant and piercing I could hear it from every room in the house
How do you like Kamoer?

Avast

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have definitely heard loud squeally brushed Masterflex pumps before... while noisy, they’re pretty much bombproof and run forever. If you can find a brushless Masterflex for a good deal, snatch it up! What’s crazy is my Watson Marlow is a brushed unit and it’s whisper quiet, no loud squealing sound or vibration like the brushed Masterflex units.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like Kamoer?

It has worked fine for me. I’ve had it maybe 9-10 months or so now. Just shy of a year. It’s been fine. It’s smaller than a masterflex but “heavy” and doesn’t feel cheap and flimsy. The rollers are a little creaky if you lean in real close but it is completely inaudible with the cabinet door shut

Top Shelf Aquatics

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brushed masterflex pump made some squeeks when I first got it, I opened it up and lubricated the bearings on the motor and it’s been quiet ever since, but I also use a large enough diameter tubing that it runs at a slow rate so it’s not noisy at all. I could see how it potentially could be very annoying though

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brushed masterflex pump made some squeeks when I first got it, I opened it up and lubricated the bearings on the motor and it’s been quiet ever since, but I also use a large enough diameter tubing that it runs at a slow rate so it’s not noisy at all. I could see how it potentially could be very annoying though

Mine is the electrical 60hz buzz that some devices get. Not a result of any mechanical friction. It sounds like a kazoo

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok what regulates the water on the exit? the needle valve? I was hoping to come off my manifold but all good.

I have my peristaltic set up to pull through my reactor. It only takes in what it pushes out

I really did want to come off my manifold. When I build the manifold I built it for Carbon/gfo, UV, and a CR.
I have a UV running great and carbon/gfo running great I have one open nozzle left and that where i wanted my CR.
I am even using the Flow monitoring kit on my apex so I can dial it in on my UV and I have 1/2 inch hose ready. I think I might try coming off my manifold with a fuel filter and needle valve.

Give it a go and I wish you luck. I was in the same place as you about 8 months ago. Reading about how peristaltic is the way to go, but hoping to use my return. Didn’t work. Then I even tried using a dedicated sicce pump with a needle valve..... didn’t work. On both, the needle valve would slowly clog, effluent would slow, and reactor Ph would rise. Then I tried a cheap used Watson Marlow. It was loud and stopped working after a while. I may have used the wrong tube? Now I have the cheap kamoer type unit and problem solved.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

minus9

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
F943FA17-CF4B-4116-9522-16BEB2D930E1.jpeg

I'm pretty sure my masterflex will out live all my gear. It was more than my reactor, but it's also the heartbeat of my system and I know it was designed to keep whatever it's hooked up to alive.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back