+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
So I recently did a water change that raised my salinity a from 1.019-1.022. I have this peppermint shrimp that molted just a few days before. Anyway 2 hours after the water change I find him on his back dead. I have a 25 gal with 2 clowns and a gramma. They look fine so far.
All my parameters are where they should be. I researched that sometimes they can be sensitive to salinity changes.
My big question is what now? Are there extremely hardy crustaceans out there that'll clean algae and detritus? Or do I stick with what I got.
thank you!

AS
Nutramar Foods

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity should be kept stable I would say anything 1.023 upto 1.026 . Use a auto top up you can make a diy one work great . I have kept fish only at 1.019 . But for a reef as stated above. Water changes I mix my salt to the correct salinity and temperature don’t check for any thing else . I do a 10% water change weekly I have no skimmers . Test your water before water change to see what your tank has consumed in the week and dose if needed . Also get a salt that is close as possible to what you want your levels to be . Hope this helps . And your shrimp could of died of anything they don’t like big swing in salinity. This is omi

Last edited:
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back