Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it's more then one thing going on at once or what, this maroon clownfish has been alone in her tank for 4+ months and this recently showed up, parameters are ideal (non detectable with an api test kit and I'm too cheap to get more expensive test kits) no new changes, corals, rock, anything. It's a possibility I cross contaminated from my qt tank but unlikely as I'm pretty good about not getting anything from untrusted tanks into my trusted ones, but if I did whatever I just had go through my quarantine killed everything (flametail blenny, bicolor angel, bullseye mandarin, half a dozen indicator salt water guppies and the future mate for my maroon clown) looked like ich but my daily 30% water changes and copper/formalin didn't save anyone.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't know if it's more then one thing going on at once or what, this maroon clownfish has been alone in her tank for 4+ months and this recently showed up, parameters are ideal (non detectable with an api test kit and I'm too cheap to get more expensive test kits) no new changes, corals, rock, anything. It's a possibility I cross contaminated from my qt tank but unlikely as I'm pretty good about not getting anything from untrusted tanks into my trusted ones, but if I did whatever I just had go through my quarantine killed everything (flametail blenny, bicolor angel, bullseye mandarin, half a dozen indicator salt water guppies and the future mate for my maroon clown) looked like ich but my daily 30% water changes and copper/formalin didn't save anyone.
The videos are very short and very fuzzy due to scratched acrylic and fish moving. From what I can see, may be bacterial. Copper would not help and what method of formalin are you using ?
Additionally, Api will likely be giving you false reading and ammonia may be higher as this may be water quality related and using contaminated water from a QT is a huge no-no.
Need clearer and better video of at least 24 seconds and more history.
Is fish eating?
Is it breathing normal or rapidly?

First thing to do is to reset the quarantine tank with fresh salt water. Get the clown into clean water. Daily water changes of 30% not necessary if youre saying parameters were good. There is too much guesswork, wrong treatments without accurate assessment and how long was this tank running ?

OP
OP
B

Boj4k

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not the qt tank, that crashed. The videos were chosen as the best I've been able to document the problems and uploaded in the highest quality I could, it's glass and I'm having some sort of an unidentified Dyno/cyano outbreak isolated to the glass. Water from qt was never intentionally introduced to anything as they're copper tanks, but I'm saying it's not impossible that something somewhere got contaminated and made it back into this particular display, this is one of 4 running reefs this tank has just pulsing xenia and a favia colony, I have a more accurate form of ammonia test but not nitrite, nitrate, calcium, phosphate and pH. This clown was never "quarantined" but that's mostly because it got it's own tank as it's an ******. I work in an lfs, and tend to do fairly well with my other tanks.
The videos are very short and very fuzzy due to scratched acrylic and fish moving. From what I can see, may be bacterial. Copper would not help and what method of formalin are you using ?
Additionally, Api will likely be giving you false reading and ammonia may be higher as this may be water quality related and using contaminated water from a QT is a huge no-no.
Need clearer and better video of at least 24 seconds and more history.
Is fish eating?
Is it breathing normal or rapidly?

First thing to do is to reset the quarantine tank with fresh salt water. Get the clown into clean water. Daily water changes of 30% not necessary if youre saying parameters were good. There is too much guesswork, wrong treatments without accurate assessment and how long was this tank running ?

World Wide Corals

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is not the qt tank, that crashed. The videos were chosen as the best I've been able to document the problems and uploaded in the highest quality I could, it's glass and I'm having some sort of an unidentified Dyno/cyano outbreak isolated to the glass. Water from qt was never intentionally introduced to anything as they're copper tanks, but I'm saying it's not impossible that something somewhere got contaminated and made it back into this particular display, this is one of 4 running reefs this tank has just pulsing xenia and a favia colony, I have a more accurate form of ammonia test but not nitrite, nitrate, calcium, phosphate and pH. This clown was never "quarantined" but that's mostly because it got it's own tank as it's an ******. I work in an lfs, and tend to do fairly well with my other tanks.
Assumed acrylic due to the haziness but see there is film algae and other buildup.
Again need better /clearer pics and pics of what you mentioned cyano/dino to clearly identify. I understand fishs' attitude but a 60-90 bath would have been better than no QT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The videos don't really show anything - the fish seems to be breathing a bit deeply and it is swimming a bit off. Can you describe the symptoms?

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AFX
Back