Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Recently I got a maroon, then added a golden nugget maroon which is basically a really small one. I’m rehoming the maroon due to it being a complete dick to the nugget. Is there any other type of clown I add so it won’t be a dick to it?

BRS

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Recently I got a maroon, then added a golden nugget maroon which is basically a really small one. I’m rehoming the maroon due to it being a complete dick to the nugget. Is there any other type of clown I add so it won’t be a dick to it?
One of the ways to pair maroon clown is to put egg crate and give anemone to the smaller one for few days. The larger one can see but not get to him. After several days, you can let the smaller one out. Male will do submission dance but if female decides to reject it remove male or again isolate the male for 2 weeks and then introduce it to the female. Through egg crate they can see each other but female can't attack it. U hv to keep an close eye on them. I'll give u a warning that maroons r very very aggressive towards small clownfish and to your hands. Still this method is the best one.
I know other's hv more good ideas than me.
All the best!

MtnDewMan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the best way to match Maroons is to get them both at the same time and the same size. If you have two different types (i.e., gold nugget and lightning), be prepared for either one being the female and getting large. You basically won't be able to pick which one becomes the most dominant (IMO).

One last thing, Maroons can be nasty :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back