Pair of AI Nero 3 in 40 gallon cube

smoothie7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 40 gallon cube, 22" square roughly that I have one AI Nero 3. I have it set on random. I have decided to add a second nero 3. Any tips on how I should put the settings? Put them both at random? Any placement ideas?

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might get other viable ideas but in my LPS/Clam tank I “bank shot” my flow either off the adjacent wall and/or off the tank bottom … not possible with the nero 5 form factor.
In the LPS maybe place those on the back wall facing front on mstr/slave pulse mode, 30% 6 seconds …
For the SPS maybe on the sides MP40 style, facing each other, master/slave on random, maybe 70% initially

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 40 gallon cube, 22" square roughly that I have one AI Nero 3. I have it set on random. I have decided to add a second nero 3. Any tips on how I should put the settings? Put them both at random? Any placement ideas?
Please let me know what you decide and how it's working for you. I have a 40-gallon cube and am debating the flow issue now.

OP
OP
S

smoothie7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know what you decide and how it's working for you. I have a 40-gallon cube and am debating the flow issue now.
I put one nero on the left side and one nero on the right side. I seem to be changing them about once a month and still really haven't found exactly what I was looking for. I seem to be moving them closer to the center on each side thinking maybe they will bounce off of each other rather than having a swirl in my tank. I've also debated turning one on constant and keeping one on random to see if that would get the flow I was looking for.

ThatFishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one nero on the left side and one nero on the right side. I seem to be changing them about once a month and still really haven't found exactly what I was looking for. I seem to be moving them closer to the center on each side thinking maybe they will bounce off of each other rather than having a swirl in my tank. I've also debated turning one on constant and keeping one on random to see if that would get the flow I was looking for.
Following I have an 40 Gal cube as well and am using one Nero 3 on the left and one Nero 3 on the right. The one on the left is towards the front glass and the one on the right towards the back . I aimed (as much as I could) the one in the left upwards. And the one on the right straight ahead. I have them both set at random at 65%. Seems to be ok for now. I’m just starting out. So this is all new to me.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back