Overflow plumbing

zoalord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got an eshopps 800 overflow from there it drains into a right angle then hits another 90 degree, then straight down into a sump. The pvc goes into the water quite a bit. About every 15-30 seconds I get a gurgle from the sump drain. And I can see the water level drop in the overflow briefly.
I have a pretty strong return pump that is turned down. I’m mainly looking for recommendations to eliminate this gurgle every 15-30 seconds. Slowing down the return to its slowest setting has no effect on the noise. I’ve also seen a couple of sumps with holes cut into the pvc which would still be within the water. I can definitely cut the pipe and redo. Could also turn the single down into the sump into two with a T. Your help and recommendations is appreciated.

OP
OP
Z

zoalord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_4050.jpeg
    IMG_4050.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4049.jpeg
    IMG_4049.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Z

zoalord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have plenty of extra. You mean in picture 1? Cause the gurgle happens in the sump at the drain exit not in the top.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipe should be no more than 2" under water in the sump.
Yes, you need a GATE VALVE on the drain.

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gate valve is definitely the solution but here is a trick that might help you until you can re-plumb. Take a piece of airline tubing and stick into the top of the drainpipe and down into the water. The top end should be in the air. Now you can raise and lower until the noise goes away. It is worth a shot

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back