Opinions on stock list.

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently purchased a new aquarium. It's around 250 gallons, 72"L,36"W,24"H since my tank leaked. I wanted to get some more fish since my tank volume has increased, but I would like to hear opinions from my fellow reefers before making any purchases.

Current stock list: Stock I wanted to add:
1. Sailfin tang 1. Magnificent Foxface
2. Atlantic Blue Tang 2. Cleaner Wrasse
3. Blue Tang 3. China Pearl class.
4. Dusky Wrasse 4. Gold Lined Rabbitfish
5. Melanarus Wrasse 5. Clown Tang
6. Blue Eyed Anthias X4
7. Reef Chromis X2
8. Snowflake Clownfish X3
9. Diamond Goby
10. Lawnmower blenny
11. Fire Fish
12. Purple Fire Fish
13. Mandarin Dragonets X2

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently purchased a new aquarium. It's around 250 gallons, 72"L,36"W,24"H since my tank leaked. I wanted to get some more fish since my tank volume has increased, but I would like to hear opinions from my fellow reefers before making any purchases.

1. Sailfin tang
1. Magnificent Foxface
Can be shy but no other issues
2. Atlantic Blue Tang
2. Cleaner Wrasse
Strongly suggest a biota captive bred and also add late
3. Blue Tang

3. China Pearl wrasse
Difficult with tangs. Be aware they are very difficult and need at least 3 in of sand.
Would suggest adding lots of pods before.
4. Dusky Wrasse
4. Gold Lined Rabbitfish
Good
5. Melanarus Wrasse

5. Clown Tang
Add last
6. Blue Eyed Anthias X4
I suggest more to reduce intra species aggression

Mixing tangs and some of those wrasse may be tricky.Strongly suggest a pair of Genicanthus angels

Could also get some fairy wrasse or go with something a bit riskier like a hogfish, bird wrasse, or tuskfish.

OP
OP
EgotisticObeseChihuahua

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can be shy but no other issues

Strongly suggest a biota captive bred and also add late

Difficult with tangs. Be aware they are very difficult and need at least 3 in of sand.
Would suggest adding lots of pods before.

Good

Add last

I suggest more to reduce intra species aggression

Mixing tangs and some of those wrasse may be tricky.Strongly suggest a pair of Genicanthus angels

Could also get some fairy wrasse or go with something a bit riskier like a hogfish, bird wrasse, or tuskfish.
Thank you so much for your response. I will add the clown tang and cleaner last. I am planning on getting a 2'' sand bed for my aquarium. Would that be adequate for the China wrasse? I was considering more Anthias, so I will make sure to get some. Do you have a recommended group number for the Anthias? I really like the idea of a pair of Genicanthus Angels. I will look into them and their care needs. Thank you so much for your time.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

6. Blue Eyed Anthias X4
7. Reef Chromis X2
9. Diamond Goby
10. Lawnmower blenny
11. Fire Fish
12. Purple Fire Fish

Looks good to me, I wouldnt do the 3rd clown though. Maybe switch it for another chromis and have a group of 3

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

6. Blue Eyed Anthias X4
7. Reef Chromis X2
9. Diamond Goby
10. Lawnmower blenny
11. Fire Fish
12. Purple Fire Fish

IME, several Tangs wont work for a lot of wrasses. More peaceful species (Olivasceus, Tennentii, Maculiseps etc.) do tend to work if it’s just one of them but I’ve not had tons of success with the more sensitive species of wrasse and aggressive tangs.

OP
OP
EgotisticObeseChihuahua

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, several Tangs wont work for a lot of wrasses. More peaceful species (Olivasceus, Tennentii, Maculiseps etc.) do tend to work if it’s just one of them but I’ve not had tons of success with the more sensitive species of wrasse and aggressive tangs.
So the China Wrasse would not be good option since they are prone to be subjects to aggression. I will keep the tang aggression in mind when selecting my wrasse. Is there any particular Wrasse that you would recommend?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Slocke Don’t mean to hijack but how’s your Biota Cleaner Wrasse doing? Is it any easier to feed than a wild one and does it take any dry food? Like how many big fish do you have to have in the tank in order to be able to sustain a Cleaner Wrasse including a CB one? Thx.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Slocke Don’t mean to hijack but how’s your Biota Cleaner Wrasse doing? Is it any easier to feed than a wild one and does it take any dry food? Like how many big fish do you have to have in the tank in order to be able to sustain a Cleaner Wrasse including a CB one? Thx.
Still great. Only issue I have with it is it does give new fish a rigorous inspection that some of them hate.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back