Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have any experience or opinions on dogface puffers and how they function in a reef tank (of course no cuc) and if they start to become super aggressive/eating clownfish cardinals etc as they age? could a large tank like a 220+ help curb that aggression?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
anyone have any experience or opinions on dogface puffers and how they function in a reef tank (of course no cuc) and if they start to become super aggressive/eating clownfish cardinals etc as they age? could a large tank like a 220+ help curb that aggression?
Agree with lionfish- They need swimming space, are clumsy at times, have a need to sharpen their clamshell teeth and will sacrifice any coral needed to accomplish this need.
They can be messy housekeepers quickly raising nitrates

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with lionfish- They need swimming space, are clumsy at times, have a need to sharpen their clamshell teeth and will sacrifice any coral needed to accomplish this need.
They can be messy housekeepers quickly raising nitrates
yep i rescued my boy about three weeks ago and didnt qt him for long enough apparently so he and all my other fish are back in 30 days of coppersafe at 2.2 ppm i rescued him from a store who called me saying they had a dying dog face they were going to throw in the trash, and now hes just fat and happy as can be luckily i caught the velvet on him shortly after he entered the tank from copper as it started to return to his fins and eyes. sadly it cost my sailfins life but lesson learned that the observation is just as important as the treatment i guess. (honestly think my copper may have not been therapudic with him i struggle to get a accurate reading on hanna checkers ive had three now and none of them work for me) was thinking about trading in my 90 in 3 months when i move cross country for a 8x4 tank my lfs has amazing trade in value and modestly priced tanks.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back