Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hide or eat? when they get hungry they eat, mostly at night in my exp.....
still may not be worth getting for thta problem alone though.... I spear them and take em out

they usually just stick to a cave and hide out there. they dont go actively seeking food outside the confines of their cave right? kinda hard to get to some on the sides of the glass or in areas where there isnt a large rock to hide under.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think my sixline picks that those little starfish, and I totally have seen them eating zoas. I've lost so many zoas as of late, seemingly just disappearing after skirts receeding. I'll tell you who I think another culprit is: limpets. At least that is what I think they are, snail like foot/body, but very flat, almost undetectable shell. The shell is flat and oval like, and is usually grey and speckled, or the same color as the body. At night I have seen these critters on my zoas and I believe they will eat them.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also thinking I have predatory asterinas I have some of the same ragged skirts on some irratated polyps. I also have seen asterinas near my zoas, but not on them. I am going to start hunting them and removing them Better safe than sorry...I dont think I would go the harlequin route, as I wouldnt want it to die after I run out of asterinas.

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back