Oops I forgot to leave my AC on!

Acroguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You haven’t seen deaths yet. But you will. The coral aren’t surviving those temps unscathed. Your temps are really wild as well. Might want to try and stabilize that.
My temp goes from 25 celsius 77 f to 27,5 celsius 81,5 f ( sometimes even 28 C ) daily. Never had an issue Acropora heavy. High temp over long periods of time is what is the issue I think.
You haven’t seen deaths yet. But you will. The coral aren’t surviving those temps unscathed. Your temps are really wild as well. Might want to try and stabilize that.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update after replacing the probe I can now confirm my tank never got nearly as hot as the Apex said and that it needed to be replaced and was way cooler than it said hovering around the low to high 60s since the heater wouldn’t turn back on since it said it was so hot. So now my tank/heater can happily go back to normal. I can handle a degree or two discrepancy and so can my heater/tank but not 20+ degrees.
IMG_8790.png
IMG_8789.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess let this be a lesson to make sure your Apex probes are replaced/calibrated regularly. Mine was over two years old and I tried to calibrate it and that didn’t work so I figured it needed to be replaced and sure enough it did. But had I been home this past week and not on vacation I could’ve fixed this issue sooner. But of course all bad things or tank issues just have to happen when I’m away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update. As I found out the probe needed to be replaced see above updates and actually the tank got to the lower 60s because then the heater wouldn’t turn back on since it was saying it was super hot which was not true but…there’s no doubt it got warm over the weekend but probably not as hot as the Apex was saying.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
mine one day got to 100+ and was boiling for nearly a whole afternoon! everything stormed through it thankfully!
Tanks definitely are resilient I think about in the ocean how livestock has adapted I believe the same for our tanks.

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey

nice photo!!!!
that bird is such a ecstatic bird to photograph!
what camera do u use? I use the 7dmkii with the sigma 150-600mm c! u can find some of my photos if u check my media section of my profile!
wait no, go to page 347 of the sbb mid summer sale, it'll be there
some of them will

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back