Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Please tell me how to properly overflow in the rack of marine aquariums. I plan to put up a stand with three aquariums, three levels, and a sump at the bottom. how to connect this system? I ask for a diagram

AS

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I don't have time to draw out a schematic showing the various plumbing configurations but there's two ways I would do it. First is to have a large sump that will handle the rise in water level from three smaller tanks when all the pumps are turned off and have each tank with it's own pump and drain line to the sump. This way the water is mixed between systems only in the sump. I wouldn't be surprised if each tank has different parameters this way.

The other is to basicly treat each tank below another tank as a sump for the one above it and the bottom one returns to the top one. The overflow and drain line would only feed teh tank immediatley below it and the sump would only have to deal with about a third of the water volume of the first method. Strictly speaking with this setup any one of the four could be a sump or all four could be setup similarly with no actual sump per se. Water parameters would be more consistant this way also.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Cultivated Reef
Back