Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so a fish shop just tonight got a Greissenger Goby in stock and I really love those little guys...i originally planned to put him in a 5 gallon tank but apparently it has a seam leak so he will be housed temporarily in a 2.5 gallon tank with live rock from my other tanks that have pods in them. Then it struck me that since they're such tiny fish and so rarely seen even in 10 gallon tanks, maybe pick up some sand and make this his permanent little home. I've heard they don't eat much due to their size and the live rock will be very mature and the tanks it comes from have pods in them. Would this be a suitable home for such a tiny fish so i could possibly see him more often? @i cant think what do you think?

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so a fish shop just tonight got a Greissenger Goby in stock and I really love those little guys...i originally planned to put him in a 5 gallon tank but apparently it has a seam leak so he will be housed temporarily in a 2.5 gallon tank with live rock from my other tanks that have pods in them. Then it struck me that since they're such tiny fish and so rarely seen even in 10 gallon tanks, maybe pick up some sand and make this his permanent little home. I've heard they don't eat much due to their size and the live rock will be very mature and the tanks it comes from have pods in them. Would this be a suitable home for such a tiny fish so i could possibly see him more often? @i cant think what do you think?
I also worry about him being eaten by hitchhiking crabs or other hitchhikers or even bigger fish if he's not alone...I'd add snails and such but not anything remotely harmful...

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Online their tank size is listed at or around 25 gallons, not sure why that is for such a small fish but I say go for it.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Online their tank size is listed at or around 25 gallons, not sure why that is for such a small fish but I say go for it.
25 gallons is ridiculously big for a fish that small! I assume they're concerned about pods being present but I've heard they don't eat much anyway and besides, with some phyto dosing the pod population should be fine I'd assume. It's really important i think to get them ASAP when a shop gets them in stock because they can't go long without food i wouldn't think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you keep ontop of food and what not I think you could have him thrive in that tank!
And I know you can definitely keep up with it as you have 2 thriving stars in your care :)

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you keep ontop of food and what not I think you could have him thrive in that tank!
And I know you can definitely keep up with it as you have 2 thriving stars in your care :)
3 thriving stars! As far as weaning him onto frozen pods or something along those lines, any advice? Just keep offering them?

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 thriving stars! As far as weaning him onto frozen pods or something along those lines, any advice? Just keep offering them?
I just kept offering them and having other small fish that readily eat frozen helps as well IME.

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be smaller (depending on the fish) and add some more personality
My thoughts exactly! Depends on what's available though...clown gobies are usually in stock though...being from Indonesia, i imagine you have an idea of some of the crazy things we get

Nutramar Foods

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts exactly! Depends on what's available though...clown gobies are usually in stock though...being from Indonesia, i imagine you have an idea of some of the crazy things we get
I sure do I even have a thread on all the cool fish I see in a local fish market every time I go! But my problem here is literally the only fish we get are from Bali and nowhere else, not even other places in Asia or at least I haven't seen anything not found there yet here.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure do! But my problem here is literally the only fish we get are from Bali and nowhere else, not even other places in Asia or at least I haven't seen anything not found there yet here.
I see...we get shipments from the Philippines, Indonesia, occasionally Australia, and from Thailand (which isn't technically legal but hard to trace a fish)...

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see...we get shipments from the Philippines, Indonesia, occasionally Australia, and from Thailand (which isn't technically legal but hard to trace a fish)...
Woah that's a lot of places which would mean a lot of cool and unique fish!

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back