Octo 151 protein skimmer regal keeps spilling over.

BRS

bkennedy239

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this reefer 350 about 6 weeks, mature tank, frequent water changes, only add reef essentials red sea for the corals, and occasional trace elements. All parameters in line, Octo 151 regal, always overflows, shutting itself down, added charcoal bags , what do I do. As a skimmer, so far worthless

Nutramar Foods

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this reefer 350 about 6 weeks, mature tank, frequent water changes, only add reef essentials red sea for the corals, and occasional trace elements. All parameters in line, Octo 151 regal, always overflows, shutting itself down, added charcoal bags , what do I do. As a skimmer, so far worthless
The reef essentials and other trace elements being dosed could be causing it to overflow .
but all skimmers do have a break in time to establish a film or bacteria to cover inside .
It can take a little time but the only way is to leave it running and either lift it out of the water to lower the water height , dial the air intake back and just let it overflow .
I’d personally stop dosing anything until it’s running properly to take out the possibility of being the cause

OP
OP
B

bkennedy239

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef essentials and other trace elements being dosed could be causing it to overflow .
but all skimmers do have a break in time to establish a film or bacteria to cover inside .
It can take a little time but the only way is to leave it running and either lift it out of the water to lower the water height , dial the air intake back and just let it overflow .
I’d personally stop dosing anything until it’s running properly to take out the possibility of being the cause
Well finally it's not overflowing but in the process burned my chiller fans up

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back