Occy and pink skunk clowns in same pond?

Jonathan lee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g lagoon that has a ‘pair’ of ocellaris clowns and some mollies. Was wondering if its possible to add two pink skunk clowns in there or will they fight? I have a clay pot on one corner that the occys use, and im thinking if i add another pot on the other end and hope the skunk clowns use it as their home, will it be ok? Theres a visual barrier of live rock in between both ends.

AS

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g lagoon that has a ‘pair’ of ocellaris clowns and some mollies. Was wondering if its possible to add two pink skunk clowns in there or will they fight? I have a clay pot on one corner that the occys use, and im thinking if i add another pot on the other end and hope the skunk clowns use it as their home, will it be ok? Theres a visual barrier of live rock in between both ends.
No as tank size should be more than 70 gallon for that. Skunk r more aggressive than ocellaris. Stronger pair will claim all the anemones. Sometimes some people have sucess but it will be a risk. See what expert's say.

Seancj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a mature mated pair of pink skunks and a mature mated pair of ocellaris in my 80 gallon. I have 13 Magnifica, 8 BTA's, and 3 small H. Crisp anemones in this tank. It's literally wall to wall anemones, with more than enough to go around. BUT, both pair want all the anemones to themselves and there was constant fighting. The ocellaris were in the tank first, so I removed them to the refugium, thinking that they would lose their 'territorial dominance'. After 4 weeks, I put them back in the tank and they immediately went after the pink skunks and the fighting began again. I removed the ocellaris again for 6 weeks, rearranged the rock scape, and then reintroduced. Same thing happened. I decided that I wanted to do a pink skunk clown harem tank. The ocellaris are in my 25 gallon refugium. I have plans on upgrading to a 250 gallon and hope that they will cohabitate in that large tank with the harem of pink skunks. We will see.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back