Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was only a matter of time before this happened.

ya know, come to think of it...the only paly that hasn't been "copy cat'd" has been the purple death paly. can't say i've ever seen anyone try to pass off something as a purple death...b/c nothing else out there looks like it. not even close. lol

Top Shelf Aquatics

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Those are Nuclear's! Nuclear UGLY that is. :)

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great one Rev!!! My son saw them this morning and he says they are "turds" that we have in our sump dad! Gosh the kids vocabulary!! HE is obsessed he was on ebay this morning looking for his next buy. I told him that mom took the card away again. He said he will work on that!?

Raptor

Angel Of Death
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great one Rev!!! My son saw them this morning and he says they are "turds" that we have in our sump dad! Gosh the kids vocabulary!! HE is obsessed he was on ebay this morning looking for his next buy. I told him that mom took the card away again. He said he will work on that!?

Man i gotta get my kid trained like that. LOL My sons into trains so it wont work for me. :(

AquaCave Logo Banner

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is annoying-why can't that person call them nuclear greens if they want? Just because they arent what you would consider "nuclear greens" Im prety sure no one has that name copyrighted to a genetic strain of paly that is documented by the government as being "unique". The naming thing is fun but honestly you think thats grounds for trashing their 100% feedback on ebay-just because you think it should be called somthing else? relax

Top Shelf Aquatics

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is annoying-why can't that person call them nuclear greens if they want? Just because they arent what you would consider "nuclear greens" Im prety sure no one has that name copyrighted to a genetic strain of paly that is documented by the government as being "unique". The naming thing is fun but honestly you think thats grounds for trashing their 100% feedback on ebay-just because you think it should be called somthing else? relax

you may be right could be honest mistake but just like anything it needs to be checked out because as most of us know what nuc greens look like but to someone just hearing about them could be fooled thinking just a bad pick so both parties need to be informed so one they dont lose there credit for selling a common zoo and two somone dosnt buy a misrepresent coral and give bad feedback but as you know in the field your studying its a way of identifying corals all names are made up by sombody so its good people are questioning this who nows maybe they are trying to scam some unexpecting buyer.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not trying to say its an honest mistake-I am saying I could care less what she calls them and I am so confused as to why anyone else would care what she calls them. She gives an incredibly acurate picture of what you are gonna get-which looks palythoa to me, so if she wants to call them nuclear greens so be it, give me one good reason why she can't? I think the auction is funny from the standpoint that she is calling them "rare" as well as zoanthids-and like the REV said-they are FAR from being "nuclear" haha, but the point is they are her palys, only a tiny fraction of the entire reef community uses these made up "names" for animals that arent even corals and when it comes down to it, are really only named zoanthid, palythoa, and protopalythoa. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your right she has every right to but buyer beware this kinda thing confuses me i think most named species is for some sort of order otherwise they just be called those bright green or things and most that have posted are use to a sort of order in as far as names and some go as far as linage if they want to get somthing but the beef here is there another zoo named nuc greens that look nothing like those just like i wouldnt call a mallard duck a canvas back but i bet some folks wouldnt know the difference.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it looks like shes trying to take advatage of a newb and rip them off. She obviously knows what Nukes are since shes using the name and the "rare" at the end of her title. But....most people arnt that stupid, and Ill bet that it doesnt get any bids. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Just like how others like to put "rare" on a frag of GSP and every other thing they sell:D

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure, she can call them whatever she wants, but don't be deceived if you think she is being altruistic about this sale. It is highly unlikely that she came up with the name nuclear greens by herself. Most likely this is another case of an ebay seller putting "whatever" is most likely to sell the product in the name. There are countless instances of ebay sellers putting the term ricordia/ricordea in the title of what they are selling. Many times the item being sold under the title ricordea is not even a corallimorph.
This may look funny to those of us in the know about reefkeeping, but it sucks in a lot of newbies and not so ethically gets them to but corals because they heard a buzzword in the title.
Not illegal. Not totally unethical. Tacky from a business standpoint. It hurts the hobby when newcomers are dumped on.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefboy I understand what your saying, but thats apples and oranges. Mallards and canvas backs are both different species of animals, the zoas you have names for are a lot of the same species. I think it comes down to the fact that you only get upset when people mislable stuff that you "think" is rare and valuable. Im pretty sure you wouldnt have any problem with that ebay auction if it said "green button polyps" when in fact they were what you like to call "nuclear greens" Im not trying to call anyone out or anything-but I really think this naming thing has got out of hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, I agree with you to a point. The purpose of me posting was the shock factor. WE know it as a button polyp as most do. If it is a "turd" then call it a "turd". This one is a "turd". I like that word!! All in fun. No harm no foul

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back